Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
For those of you who know him, Rambunctious hit a deer on the way to work today!!!! >

For those of you who know him, Rambunctious hit a deer on the way to work today!!!!

Notices

For those of you who know him, Rambunctious hit a deer on the way to work today!!!!

Old 04-22-2002, 10:10 PM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default For those of you who know him, Rambunctious hit a deer on the way to work today!!!!

May the deer R.I.P. Did some damage to the fender and pretty much totaled the bumper I guess. The deer flew down the road quite a ways he tells me. Bummer, nice truck. 2000 Ford F150 Crew cab.

Sorry for your loss Rob. I'm sure the insurance company will understand!
Old 04-22-2002, 11:02 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,821 Likes on 907 Posts

Been there, done that... Did about $2k damage to a S-10 pickup. Glad it was a small deer. Wierdest thing was that I hit it right in the middle of the city on a 3 lane interstate. I guess he was lost.
Old 04-22-2002, 11:09 PM
Registered

That sucks !
What a great way to start the week off
Old 04-22-2002, 11:37 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Man that suck. I hit one with my Saab once and it was FREEKY to say the leaste. Hope he is ok.

Jon
Old 04-23-2002, 07:29 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Glad to hear he's ok! I hope the Save The Deer Club, (PETA) doesn't hear about this, Ram will be in BIG TROUBLE!
MD
Old 04-23-2002, 07:38 AM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear he is ok, they can fix the truck.

Dean, you forget. he's in Michigan. There, all they are worried about is Saving the meat. Remember, that's the Ted Nugent state.
Old 04-23-2002, 07:49 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Payton,

I'd like to see Ted Nugent CLEAN Jimmy Buffet's Clock!! That would be a great Celeb. Boxing match, Jimmy wouldn't stand a Chance!
MD
Old 04-23-2002, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was about 1 mile from my house, 500 ft from a stop sign, only doing 55 at the time. (waterfoul knows how hard I am on brakes)
the deer slid 100' down the road in the direction I was traveling.

I live 1 mile from the Allegan state game area here in West Michigan.(lots of woods, two tracks, snowmobile trails, and 15 minutes to Lake Michigan. what a great place!!) and there is a deer run right through my property!! I see them cross the road in that spot all the time, was just late for a 7:00am meeting and not thinking.

Anyway, I decided to go on vacation this thursday since the truck will be getting fixed ( not really, just convenient we leave Thurs for VEGAS!!!) truck will be done when I return.

Only problem right now is I cant turn right!!!!! tire rubs. don't want to cut one of those 33" BFG's I paid a fortune for....
it takes F O R E V E R to get home counter clockwise.

i AM impressed with the ford bumper! I had an "incident" on the highway with a previous GMC and trashed that bumper on much less of an impact. This bumper is tough... (Ford tough i guess )

oh well, cant keep nuthin nice I guess. I'ts just body parts.........
Old 04-23-2002, 09:06 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry cat, I'm an engineer, I have to quantify everything. I can't help myself. I assume others want the details, my wife points this out all the time. I seem to be the only one who cares about the details

I tell waterfoul to meet me at 4:23 at the dock all the time, or I'll be there in 17 minutes, he laughs,
it's a joke.

Actually relative to my vehicle, the deer sped up to 59 mph on the rebound, then reduced speed due to the coeficient of friction of furr on asphault, rotating about 2.5 turns with a 1/2 twist. Resting 102' from the impact point, two small kicks from the back legs, then nuthin.............

If ya need any more details, I have more.
Old 04-23-2002, 09:11 AM
Registered

Talking

LMAO, that was good Ram. Glad you're ok though.

Quick Reply: For those of you who know him, Rambunctious hit a deer on the way to work today!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.