Notices

Clarion question

Old 03-23-2010, 07:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clarion question

I hoping someone on here can help me out I wanted to upgrade to a clarion cmd6 deck with the i pod cable so I ordered one and the Y cable and two new remotes as well as I was told the remotes in my boat are not compatible with the new deck(2002 Baja Outlaw 25 with a clarion plus system) so the big question is will the long cables to the remotes need to be replaced or will they work with the new equipment thanks for the help everyone..... And if they need to be replaced is there a good way to replace them and string them through?
Old 03-24-2010, 12:37 PM
Registered

Really guys noone knows the answer to this I would think there is a stereo guru among this fine group of boat aholics...
Old 04-08-2010, 10:15 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by hotseeter
I hoping someone on here can help me out I wanted to upgrade to a clarion cmd6 deck with the i pod cable so I ordered one and the Y cable and two new remotes as well as I was told the remotes in my boat are not compatible with the new deck(2002 Baja Outlaw 25 with a clarion plus system) so the big question is will the long cables to the remotes need to be replaced or will they work with the new equipment thanks for the help everyone..... And if they need to be replaced is there a good way to replace them and string them through?
I am also about to do this upgrade and yes, you do have to replace the cable. Did you figure out a way to attach the old cable to the new one and pull them through?

More on this at TBM:
http://www.teambajamarine.com/forum/...highlight=cmd6

Please update us on how the install went!
Old 04-10-2010, 08:24 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a similar problem. I found a document called "2009 applicaiton guide - Marine audio.pdf" on the clarion web site. It has a table of all receivers, remotes, cables, and a matrix of what works with what or not. It's exactly what you need.

Good luck.