Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Twin turbo engines (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/228070-twin-turbo-engines.html)

BigSilverCat 04-10-2010 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3084481)
Tyson is that your last name... Smith.. looks great.

Smith Power is me and Brad Smith. Brad builds the engines and I stand around and take pictures.. so we used his name.

Originally Posted by cougarman (Post 3084544)
Tyson,

Engine and your workmanship look great.

Who's Coil over plugs did you use?

Thanks
Jon

gm coils

BigSilverCat 04-10-2010 09:39 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by mcoutlaw (Post 3084500)
Some more nice work from Brad and Tyson. What kind of HP are you looking for and of course what boat they going in?

they are going in a new 388 skater that is being built at skater right now.

hp? more then has ever been put in a Poker run style offshore speed boat.

LV 04-10-2010 09:40 AM

Incredible, and pictures do not do these justice either!

BigSilverCat 04-10-2010 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by LV (Post 3084573)
Incredible, and pictures do not do these justice either!

The pictures don't do them justice, I had the pics on my computer for a little while but did not put them on here because they definately don't look as good in a pic as they do in person.

KNOT-RIGHT 04-10-2010 10:24 AM

That things gonna be a rocket!

What drives?

Comanche3Six 04-10-2010 10:30 AM

Easily the most beautiful marine powerplant! Looking forward to see how it runs.........a great thread!

BigSilverCat 04-10-2010 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six (Post 3084600)
Easily the most beautiful marine powerplant! Looking forward to see how it runs.........a great thread!

thanks, there is about six months of work in these, there is alot of stuff that takes along time to design and build that you cannot even see in the pictures. The last several months brad worked on these till 1 am every night. And I have several allnighters machining parts for them.
We will update this thread as we dyno them and put videos on here.

cougarman 04-10-2010 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by Bigyellowcat (Post 3084611)
thanks, there is about six months of work in these, there is alot of stuff that takes along time to design and build that you cannot even see in the pictures. The last several months brad worked on these till 1 am every night. And I have several allnighters machining parts for them.
We will update this thread as we dyno them and put videos on here.

Tyson,

Did you ever add the pictures on the other thread you had started with the Injectors on the inside? First couple pictures you had posted you were about 75% complete.

Be great to see them if you have them, are you spraying the top side of the runner?

Thanks again,.........Pictures still look great even if they are better in person.

Jon

Catmando 04-10-2010 11:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jassman (Post 3084481)
Tyson is that your last name... Smith.. looks great.

Garvin. Uglyass motors. :lolhit:

You and Brad look like you have something going good here. You should name it Smith and Garvin Motorsports or some such.

BigSilverCat 04-10-2010 12:07 PM

4 Attachment(s)
intake adapter fuel rail and injector retainer