Notices

Roar of the crowd

Old 04-27-2002, 09:19 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Roar of the crowd

Now this is what the Internet is all about. Instant information and the ability to broadcast world wide for practically nothing.

The machinery has been able to do it for a long time. It has been the willingness of the humans to make it a priority to get it online.

My applause to OSO and APBA Offshore for bringing it all together.

Now if Puder could just hold his head straight enough while racing to get his helmet cam to link with satilites we would never leave the computer on race day.
Old 04-27-2002, 10:08 PM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

ron i have afew options for the helmet cam. One idea is to use a radio transmitter to transmit the video from the boat to the encoder onshore. It pretty small and not to pricey and i even foudn one witha 10 mile range. Not sure i want to wear it on my head but i would set it up on the boat. The othe ridea is to encode the video onbaord the boat to alaptop then i just need to figure out eth wireless connection. Duplexing several cell phone is an option but will be pricey to braodcast and entire race. I hav heard sprint is coming out with a new cell phone that provide wireless interenet connections at near DSL speed. That would be absolutley perfect and woudl solve the whole problem. It coudl all be done from my the cabin of my boat and beamed out directly to my server! The enitre internet audience could get a great view of the transoms of the rest of the pack....
Old 04-27-2002, 10:10 PM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by puder
ron i have afew options for the helmet cam. One idea is to use a radio transmitter to transmit the video from the boat to the encoder onshore. It pretty small and not to pricey and i even foudn one witha 10 mile range. Not sure i want to wear it on my head but i would set it up on the boat. The othe ridea is to encode the video onbaord the boat to alaptop then i just need to figure out eth wireless connection. Duplexing several cell phone is an option but will be pricey to braodcast and entire race. I hav heard sprint is coming out with a new cell phone that provide wireless interenet connections at near DSL speed. That would be absolutley perfect and woudl solve the whole problem. It coudl all be done from my the cabin of my boat and beamed out directly to my server! The enitre internet audience could get a great view of the transoms of the rest of the pack....
KEY WORDS: "Beamed out"

Don't you just love this petri dish we call the internet?

Jennifer

Old 04-27-2002, 10:15 PM
Enjoy the show
VIP Member

Its not so much the dish as all the little creatures that are swimming around in it.
Old 04-27-2002, 10:18 PM
SunseekerNY

Originally posted by Ron P
Its not so much the dish as all the little creatures that are swimming around in it.
Very good point, Mr. P.

How is Bentley? And, please ask your wife to send me her new e-mail address.

Jennifer

Old 04-28-2002, 12:54 AM
speel chekk this fokker!
Charter Member

how's this for "beaming it"

http://www.sprintpcs.com/aboutsprint...a_3g/AQ.html#4
:d

not sure if it willbe out in time though. Might jusy have to do teh duplexed cell phones.... basic video shoudl work. First i have to get myboat finished up.... and Bruce said my new engine shodl be ready in about 3 weeks. So i shoudl be ready fo reth 2nd OPA race. I will have to miss teh first one becasue kate is graduating and June 2nd is the ceremony, the same days as the 1st race...

Oh well there will be other races but she wil lonly graduate college once. and pardon me for sounding chessey but i am damn proud of her. hell i've been in college 5 years and a degree is still a ways off....