Optimum Trim Tab Location/Placement >

Optimum Trim Tab Location/Placement

Notices

Optimum Trim Tab Location/Placement

Old 04-23-2002, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Optimum Trim Tab Location/Placement

(also posted on Technical Q&A, just wanted to make sure everyone sees this so I can get the best possible feedback!)

On my boat (288 Sunsation), the location of the trim tabs are very close to the outdrive. The factory indicated that this was done intentionally to provide better "bite" in the water. However, I question this logic, and think that placing them further out would provide better overall stability. Should I consider relocating the trim tabs? I noticed that an F1 race boat (also a 288 Sunsation) had the tabs moved outward, but I did not have a chance to talk to the owner about it.

I would appreciate any input that you may have on this subject. Thanks in advance.
Old 04-23-2002, 02:58 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

I would leave them alone. Remember the Factory boat is very different from yours. It has no interior. From what I hear and have seen this week they have thought those boats out very well. If the boat is running high in the water at speed then the planes could be out of the water more then in if they were to the outside.

Jon