Notices

Why Desert Storm Works

Old 04-16-2010, 10:04 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts
Default Why Desert Storm Works

Short interview with Jim Nichols, http://www.boats.com/boat-content/20...-desert-storm/.

Bottom line: Lake Havasu City buys in.
Old 04-16-2010, 10:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Bottom line: Lake Havasu City buys in.
That right there can play a big factor in how successful an event like this can be. On the opposite end of the spectrum we have the pains the 1000 Island run is going through with Kingston. For me personally, I’ve seen how support really helps an event. We moved our poker run 10 miles to a different marina in a different town. It ended up being a world of difference. With a marina and town that embrace events like this, the overall experience for everyone including the participants goes up and that’s was counts the most… everyone having a good time. It’s great to hear stories like this where the city of getting behind Desert Storm. It helps all events everywhere because it shows that poker runs are a worth while cause to support.
Old 04-16-2010, 01:27 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,741 Likes on 1,230 Posts

Originally Posted by Caincando1
That right there can play a big factor in how successful an event like this can be. On the opposite end of the spectrum we have the pains the 1000 Island run is going through with Kingston. For me personally, I’ve seen how support really helps an event. We moved our poker run 10 miles to a different marina in a different town. It ended up being a world of difference. With a marina and town that embrace events like this, the overall experience for everyone including the participants goes up and that’s was counts the most… everyone having a good time. It’s great to hear stories like this where the city of getting behind Desert Storm. It helps all events everywhere because it shows that poker runs are a worth while cause to support.
You are so, so right. Look at the trouble the 1,000 Islands Poker Run is having with the city of Kingston, which is trying to slap a highly discriminating "carbon tax" on the performance boat in the run if they stop there. Never mind the thousands of runabouts and cruisers that go through every week, which make a day's worth of emissions from 100-plus go-fast boat, look tiny.

Lake Havasu City businesses will pull down major revenue from Desert Storm. It's not just smart. It's good business.
Old 04-16-2010, 05:35 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
You are so, so right. Look at the trouble the 1,000 Islands Poker Run is having with the city of Kingston, which is trying to slap a highly discriminating "carbon tax" on the performance boat in the run if they stop there. Never mind the thousands of runabouts and cruisers that go through every week, which make a day's worth of emissions from 100-plus go-fast boat, look tiny.

Lake Havasu City businesses will pull down major revenue from Desert Storm. It's not just smart. It's good business.
I agree !

Thanks Matt!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !