Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Can someone post some pics and thought of a 35 fountain lightning??? >

Can someone post some pics and thought of a 35 fountain lightning???

Notices

Can someone post some pics and thought of a 35 fountain lightning???

Old 04-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a friend of mine has a 31 sonic and he is working on a 35 fountain (single step) in his garage right now. the boats are sitting next to one another. the sonic has a great cabin! the fountain has more engine room, and more room in the cockpit, but the cabin is smaller with less head room. to be honest they are similar in size, the fountain looks just a touch longer. personally its going to come down to what revs your engine!! you know what you have in the sonic, i think he 31 is one of the best all around boats. go look at a 35, touch it, feel it, ride in one, then make your decision... no doubt that a fountain is a sexy looking boat.
Attached Thumbnails Can someone post some pics and thought of a 35 fountain lightning???-23fountain.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 10:44 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

The 330 mercs are meant for cruising between 3000 and 3500 rpm. Above that you open the secondaries and they are not efficient above 4000 rpm. You may want to look at changing your ignition system first as an inexpensive way of improving your fuel usage. Getting a 35 Fountain does not mean you ar going to save much in gas though.

Wannabe
Old 04-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

The fountain hull is going to be much more efficent than the sonics, he's going to have bigger motors running less rpm's to attain the same speeds he's deffinately not going to be spending more gas $$$$.... That's if he can help staying outta the throttles
Old 04-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

This was my single step 35. It used to be called a lightning before the twin steps came out in 2000. With HP 500's it would run a tick over 80 - 81. The twin step version with the same power would run 84 - 85ish, although Reggie got 87 out of them at the factory with no load or fuel.
Attached Thumbnails Can someone post some pics and thought of a 35 fountain lightning???-35-lorrie-water.jpg   Can someone post some pics and thought of a 35 fountain lightning???-35-watershot.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nick9671
Lmfao!!! I was thinking the same, this thread from start to finish so far has been somewhat of a soap opera. I agree with Kyboy tho, leave the man alone about his financial decisions. My .02 cents: If performance is number 1 on your want list then get the fountain for sure, if comfort for your family is number 1, followed by performance, I would stick with the sonic or something with a bigger cabin. I love my fountain but sometimes wish it had a little more room in the cabin. I am 6'3 so getting in and out of it is sometimes a pain. Good Luck!
Im glad to read your reply. I wasnt sure if I was going to get bashed for posting that or what. I just find it ridiculous that people dont simply read the questions and reply with a simple answer.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts

He also asked this
I would appreciate any information.
I think people that didn't have pictures were just trying to give him "information".

No harm no foul.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I appreciate all the info. I have never ridden in a 35 sonic. We may try to hunt one down close and check it out. I had several people send me PM's and offer me some ride time in their 35 fountains close to here. Even though I have ridden in one it is nice to get in others to compare amenities and ride quality.
Old 04-20-2010, 07:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i love mine 1996 35
Old 04-20-2010, 08:24 PM
Registered

Received 112 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
This was my single step 35. It used to be called a lightning before the twin steps came out in 2000. With HP 500's it would run a tick over 80 - 81. The twin step version with the same power would run 84 - 85ish, although Reggie got 87 out of them at the factory with no load or fuel.

Hey Robert, wasn't wasn't my boat! And sure as chit it ran those numbers!

Now this replacement Biotch is a whole different animal!!!

Either version, single or twin step Fountains are fantastic boats. Have worked some for a marina that sold Sonic for a few years, nice boats, but when it comes to performance and handling it's Fountain! Hands down!
Attached Thumbnails Can someone post some pics and thought of a 35 fountain lightning???-prop-test-2029.jpg   Can someone post some pics and thought of a 35 fountain lightning???-100_8663.jpg  
Old 04-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by RaggedEdge
Hey Robert, wasn't wasn't my boat! And sure as chit it ran those numbers!

Now this replacement Biotch is a whole different animal!!!

Either version, single or twin step Fountains are fantastic boats. Have worked some for a marina that sold Sonic for a few years, nice boats, but when it comes to performance and handling it's Fountain! Hands down!
Hey Peter, I'm pretty sure my 35 EX was a little better looking and a we bit faster than yours, but maybe that was just my imagination

Did you ever settle on a final winner on your prop search?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.