Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   An Update from Jennifer Molter - please take a moment to read (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/228739-update-jennifer-molter-please-take-moment-read.html)

Bobthebuilder 04-19-2010 11:34 PM

An Update from Jennifer Molter - please take a moment to read

Late last week we received a funding request from Jennifer to continue with her education. As with previous requests Jennifer let us know how she was doing and provided us with an update. It is always dificult to know just how much she is willing to share about her life so I mentioned to her if she wanted to write a short letter, I would be glad to share it with you here. This is not a request for donations as her Trust Fund remains in great shape. This is what she wrote:

First of all, I’d like to thank everyone who donated to the Jennifer Molter Trust. I wouldn’t be where I am today without you. Bob Barnhart, John Barkley, John Wilkinson, and Hans Haedelt have been amazingly helpful and supportive—I couldn’t ask for a better group of people handling my college fund.
I am doing very well, working two jobs to support myself, I’m currently writing a novel, learning how to speak German, and preparing for my study abroad program in Germany this summer!! So far, John, John, Bob, and Hans have used the trust to provide me with a year of college education at Edison State College for my AA degree, a year of college education at Southwest Florida College for Interior Design, the full Rosetta Stone language program, and now, a four-week summer abroad German language and culture course in Stuttgart, Germany, which I’ll be receiving college credits for.
Thanks to you, I have a very bright future ahead of me, and I plan to use this fund to build an education and turn it into a successful career. This college fund has truly changed my life, and given me hope for an undeniably promising future. Thank you OSO and FMO for everything you’ve done for me!

Catastrophe 04-19-2010 11:44 PM

Great stuff Bob.
I've told her there is an open invitation to come to Canada.

FMO should be congratulated for what they do in giving back.

And thanks for including me and Nick in your recent fun run.

PhantomChaos 04-19-2010 11:45 PM

That is great!!! Such a nice outcome for a tragic situation. Way to go Bob and guys! you make us boaters proud!

Bobthebuilder 04-19-2010 11:47 PM

For those that may be new to OSO and do not know who Jennifer is I will try to give you the short version.

In January of 2007 Jennifer lost her mother, sister, brother and future brother-in-law in a tragic offshore boating accident off Marco Island, FL. I should just clarify that the boat owner / operator was not a member of FMO nor was it an FMO event. Our FMO club was in it's early beginnings and when we learned of Jennifer's desire to someday go to college we organized a fund raiser for that purpose. Many here on OSO contributed generously and the Jennifer Molter Trust was formed. I am thankful every day for the support from so many here that made this possible. It was not all smooth sailing and there were some twists and turns along the way that concerned us as trustees, but with the help of great dedicated people it has worked out.
Again I offer my thanks to so many wonderful people that have truly made a difference in this young girls life. You can all be very proud of yourself today.
Bob

SHARKEY-IMAGES 04-20-2010 12:17 AM

It just doesn't get much better than that !

So happy to hear how ell she is doing !

Great job guys for getting the Trust started !!! :)

Cash Bar 04-20-2010 03:28 AM

That is in the Top Two stories in my history on OSO. The generosity and goodwill displayed in that time of tragedy rank as one of the most insprong things I have witnessed.

boatme 04-20-2010 05:13 AM

Bob it is one of the best things i have seen done here

GREAT JOB

GLH 04-20-2010 05:50 AM

Great news and congrats to you guys.

offshoredrillin 04-20-2010 05:52 AM

Thanks guys, for everything, the continuous updates and helping a young girl to realize her potential.

Just don't let her wear a hat like Hans or learn German from him, she would wind up sounding like Klaus Meine :D..j/k Hans

stainless 04-20-2010 06:01 AM

Awesome! Great job guys!