Help.. Need a Computer for a 700SCI >

Help.. Need a Computer for a 700SCI

Notices

Help.. Need a Computer for a 700SCI

Old 04-16-2010, 10:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help.. Need a Computer for a 700SCI

Having issues with a computer on one of my 700's. The idol sensor is not getting enough jucie to run from the computer and mercury tells me I need a new computer. They said its a harware issue. Swap the PCM to other motor and the problem follows. Anyone have any other thoughts, or perhaps a computer around they wanna sell?
Old 04-16-2010, 06:20 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would call Dustin Whipple.. he might have an extra one and/or fix your existing one.

559-442-1261

Chris
Old 04-17-2010, 04:46 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Mykalvballer
Having issues with a computer on one of my 700's. The idol sensor is not getting enough jucie to run from the computer and mercury tells me I need a new computer. They said its a harware issue. Swap the PCM to other motor and the problem follows. Anyone have any other thoughts, or perhaps a computer around they wanna sell?
Long shot here, But maybe one of these places can repair it for you, Worth a call if nothing else. If they can please let us know the outcome, Thanks

http://simonmotorsports.com/

http://www.technicalservicesin.com/index.php?page=ecm
Old 04-17-2010, 09:19 AM
Registered

I lost 2 computers last year. What happens is the IAC valve burns up and takes the computer with it. Change the valve with the computer before you loose another computer. There is no fixing the old computers I was told.
Old 04-19-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by mudslide
I lost 2 computers last year. What happens is the IAC valve burns up and takes the computer with it. Change the valve with the computer before you loose another computer. There is no fixing the old computers I was told.
Perfect! Thats what happen to mine just like you said "IAC took out the computer". Sounds like mercury has issues that need addressed. Part alone is almost $2K....Hello Mercury

$100 part that causes $2000 in damage is an issue as far as I am concerned. 2 Other friends also had to replace their computers. Makes 4 of us now!
Old 04-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Is this IAC the same one thats on a 525EFI? Doug
Old 04-19-2010, 01:43 PM
Registered

Let me know if you guys need the parts new. I can get them to you for almost dealer price. Any merc part.
Old 04-20-2010, 11:13 AM
Registered

Perfect! Thats what happen to mine just like you said "IAC took out the computer". Sounds like mercury has issues that need addressed. Part alone is almost $2K....Hello Mercury

$100 part that causes $2000 in damage is an issue as far as I am concerned. 2 Other friends also had to replace their computers. Makes 4 of us now!
The first one went after 150 hrs and second 25 hrs later. I think after 125 hrs you should change the IAC's maybe we can save a computer.