Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So, I want to replace my gauges... >

So, I want to replace my gauges...

Notices

So, I want to replace my gauges...

Old 04-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default So, I want to replace my gauges...

I have 1996 Scarab 26' with a 502 Magnum EFI/Bravo One.

The speedo does not work, but all the other gauges do work.

I had the boat out one time in the Fall since buying it, and a professional survey was done. The speedo worked at the time of the survey, but not later after took it out for a miaden voyage. My friends tell me its pickup might be fouled and needs to be cleaned to confirm whether it's toast (thoughts?).

The boat is in fine condition. It's never been bottom painted and everything looks and works well. Well, the Wellcraft gauges are slowly separating from the glass/rim. Despite the tachometer being just about completely separated and falling down into the console, it still works. Fuel gauge is falling apart, yet it's spot on. Lights are a nice bright red and the needles glow, too. Since the gauges are working but falling apart, I want a new gauge package.

I have a headache from people telling me about gauges.

I will work on anything, and get in over my head and get out with any auto or boat project, and I never cut corners... but for some reason, I get a headache thinking about swapping out gauges. No matter what gauges I decide to buy, someone bashes them, or the website's description lacks info.

I feel my boat is worthy of very good gauges. From what I have heard, Livorsi is the way to go. I checked out some of their info and don't know if they are lighted, or what color lighting (but jeeze, for the the price, I am sure they are done right). Livorsi also has plug in connectors... which is supposed to be an advantage, but I still have to attach a harness to my wires, and I suppose that is easier than trying to attached wires to gauges while seated in dash.

So, I need recommendations. I am the only guy I know of all my buddies with a high performance boat and a desire to not to anything half-a$sed.

What gauges are recommended and what manufacturers are to be avoided? I want quality, style and want them well lit. Enlighten me! Price is secondary, but I don't want to pay for some gauges that I can't use either. Is there a good on-line dealer?
Old 04-19-2010, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Livorsi all the way. Pull your gauge cluster and mail it to them and it comes back ready to install. Single motor should run you around 1500 for Gauges only. I ahve never done a single motor but my dual is going to be just over 3 grand for all new gauges and cluster.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Registered

Livorsi...all you need to know! I wouldn't have any other gauge.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
Offshoreonly Advertiser
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts

I talk with Livorsi everyday.If i can help out in anyway, give us a shout.
Bill
302-521-0123

The Best Parts & Service At The Best Price
Old 04-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DiamondPerformance
I talk with Livorsi everyday.If i can help out in anyway, give us a shout.
Bill
Bill just hooked me up with some Livorsi guages and got them 3-4 days.
Old 04-19-2010, 08:15 PM
Registered

Bill, I am in Port Penn, DE near the C&D canal. You have a store front? I pass through Wilmington every day. Before my boat heads off to summer dry rack storage in North Wildwood, NJ, I want to replace gauges and basically give the boat a good workover, possibly replacing the exhaust, too, with EMI Thunder. Would love to support a local guy!
Old 04-21-2010, 09:07 AM
Registered

If I have a Garmin GPS on board, can I interface that with a GPS speedometer?