Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What is high hours for a 502 mpi w/ procharger? >

What is high hours for a 502 mpi w/ procharger?

Notices

What is high hours for a 502 mpi w/ procharger?

Old 04-26-2010, 01:50 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is high hours for a 502 mpi w/ procharger?

Assuming it hasnt been beat how many hours should a 502 mpi with procharger last? Also its been run in saltwater but supposedly flushed and not left in water? 500 hours? 1000? thanks
Old 04-26-2010, 02:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by CenturyUltra
Assuming it hasnt been beat how many hours should a 502 mpi with procharger last? Also its been run in saltwater but supposedly flushed and not left in water? 500 hours? 1000? thanks
You will want to follow the regular scheduled maintenance from Mercury and do the valves at 250. If you are not running strainers and are on an impeller than it will need changing every year as the procharger will be running it hot all the time. Depending on the blower install the motor should last as long as you keep it up. Did you do compression and a leak down before you made the purchase?
Old 04-26-2010, 02:20 PM
Registered

I didnt buy it yet it was one I was considering. It has 350 hours on it in salt water. I'd be using it in fresh water only its a 95 baja outlaw.