Notices

Scarab 29 Help

Old 04-26-2010, 12:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Scarab 29 Help

hey just looking for some input i am looking in to selling my scarab 22 to go to a scarab 29 i was looking for some input on the it would prob be in the year range of 94- 99. what route would you recommend twin sb or one bb. what kind of performance should i expect out of the boat and how does it handle in rough water? also are there and issues with the boat pros and cons

thanks
Old 04-26-2010, 01:37 PM
Registered

I have an 82 model thats 30' and its solid as a rock, with twin 454s. Handles rough water with no probs at all.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:42 AM
Registered

The SBC's vs. BBC is all going to depend on what you are going to use it for and what you want. I believe the single would be low 60's and the twins are mid 60's. I am partial to the twins, but you have to keep in mind that means twice as much maintenance. I know of a couple p29's for sale on here, if I was to go with a 29' scarab, that is the only way that I would go, IMO.
Old 04-27-2010, 08:39 AM
Registered

any idea what i sould sell my 1995 scarab 22 for. its really nice 40 hr on the sbc 350 . 30 over a cam stainless marine headers alumium intake single plane with a 750 double pumper all msd ignition, basicly its been all gone through. its procharged at 8 lbs new graphics, redone trailer, new dual ram trim tabs, drive shower, alpha one, 25 pitch mirage prop. all it needs is the bottom of the two front seats to be recovered and the back bench bottm seat to be recovered also. also its has custom gauge panel and all auto meter gauges like i said this thing is all done. runs in the low 70's.

the only thing missing on the boat is the windsheild it was broke when i bought it.