Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Predator GETTIN' IT at DS2010! >

Predator GETTIN' IT at DS2010!

Notices

Predator GETTIN' IT at DS2010!

Old 04-27-2010, 03:22 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

That is cool and everything and I wish I could own one, but I dont see the thrill of just just buying horsepower and running in flat water like that. For me, its much more thrilling to watch boats running in bigger water, not necessarily as fast where there is skill needed and not just $$$. Just my own opinion, not trying to start up ****.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
That is cool and everything and I wish I could own one, but I dont see the thrill of just just buying horsepower and running in flat water like that. For me, its much more thrilling to watch boats running in bigger water, not necessarily as fast where there is skill needed and not just $$$. Just my own opinion, not trying to start up ****.
Everything has its place. Since this thread is about Gary and the 40' Skater Predator, I can tell you I know he runs in the Pacific ocean (some of the nastiest water in the country) regularly.

If you don't think it takes skill to run over 150 mph on a tight course with spectators, other poker runners and other variables then I'm just afraid, you are mistaken.

Go out and sit on the poker run course sometime in Havasu and watch from about 100 yards off over 190 boats fly by you. It's impressive no matter what the water conditions.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:38 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dude.... running 150mph+ takes skill no matter what water your in.................
Old 04-27-2010, 03:41 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Sorry guys, I guess it came out wrong. I agree it takes skill to run that fast. It just looked so smooth, I guess those guys make it look easy. Thats not what I was getting at.
Old 04-27-2010, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Sorry guys, I guess it came out wrong. I agree it takes skill to run that fast. It just looked so smooth, I guess those guys make it look easy. Thats not what I was getting at.
I hear ya brother. And like I said, everything has it's place. I love watching boats run hard in the big stuff too! My point was, you need to see 190 boats running hard all together. It's a sight to behold and you'll forget the water condtions while your jaw is on the floor.
Old 04-27-2010, 04:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
On the way to the first card stop....

This video deserved its own thread.

And let me give the disclaimer:

No, it's not a race. Yes, there is calculated risk and danger with running these speeds in an open cockpit, no helmet, etc. etc. etc. blah, blah, blah...

Now, enjoy the video!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXa-Nub7qMc
Who was just in front of Bobbit? He looked out of shape in comparision. Looks like they were about a mile behind the two leaders too!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 04:42 PM
Skater Brother
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
Speed?I dont remember.
Chip did give me a good run.I thought i was way out front till i looked back and saw the whites of his eyeballs and the smile on his face.

Way to go guys!! Great to see those Skaters 1st and 2nd by a long ways!!! Sounded and looked GREAT!!!!
Old 04-27-2010, 05:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JAMESP7453
Wouldn't PREDATOR be awsome with some turbines like the ones in JBS. We do www.principlepropulsionsystems.com Jim Grasham 520-245-2849
Man oh man........Jim, I can appreciate what you do at your place, Knot Right's 46 is VERY impressive and it looks like you do top notch work,

BUT

this thread is about Gary Smith's 40ss Skater, "Predator", with his piston powered Larry Peto motors. Can you root for the home team here Jim?

Anyway, I would like to see our last run in the Shootout. We had that big boy moving in such a short distance.
Skaters were in the house this year. No doubt, if Pure Platinum didn't have a few issues, Bill would also be in that vid. Also, great to see Chip's boat run so well! He is such a good guy, I was glad to see it.
Old 04-27-2010, 06:07 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Hey jim-we missed you.When are you and the crew coming to do a poker run in havasu?
Old 04-27-2010, 06:18 PM
Banned

I noticed that Predator has ext. boxes on it, does it help performance, handling or what. what is the speed difference in the 388,40 and 46 skater with same power

Last edited by downgoessunkin; 04-27-2010 at 06:23 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.