Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   where can i get my boat cover cleaned?? will a dry cleaner do it? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/229656-where-can-i-get-my-boat-cover-cleaned-will-dry-cleaner-do.html)

302Sport 05-03-2010 06:50 PM

where can i get my boat cover cleaned?? will a dry cleaner do it?

whole cover, not just the cockpit.....

wjb21ndtown 05-03-2010 06:53 PM

A rug doctor may do a good job at it... I've never personally done it, but its a thought.

thisistank 05-03-2010 08:21 PM

I've wondered this same thing for a year or so now. I've been told by the canvass maker in my neighborhood to lay it out on the street, spray is down and then take a deck brush and some cleaner (soap) to it. My problem is, theres sand everywhere where I live.

I've thought about stuffing it into an industrial coin op washing machine.

US1 Fountain 05-03-2010 08:26 PM

Be sure to follow up with a fresh coat of water proofing afterwards.

I spred mine out, hose it down and scrub with my boat brush. Not so stiff that it will wear the cover, just clean the bird crap off

glassdave 05-03-2010 08:31 PM

Some laundromats have very large washing machines for this kinda stuff but do not put it in a dryer. A friend of mine took his in and did it this was but tossed it in the dryer, turned his Top Gun cover into a Bullit cover . . . .

tim brown 05-03-2010 08:34 PM

go to the laundromat and use a large machine to wash it and go home and install it. it works for me .

Wildman_grafix 05-03-2010 08:34 PM

We have used the large washers at a laundry.

Take a LOT of change.

Boater8987 05-03-2010 08:35 PM

I had my cover washed by a commercial uniform rental company. Then I rolled out some plastic and hung it up in my basement on a rope nailed to the floor joices. I purchased 2 or maybe 3 gal of 303 and used a hand pump sprayer to apply it. The laudry cost was $62 they charged by the pound. Cover is for my 36 Spectre.

stina1602 05-31-2023 08:30 PM

Boat cover cleaning

I have my own boat cover cleaning and repair business. If you have a sunbrella cover, it impatative that you use the manufactures recommended detergent with a soft brush. Then you air it dry outside. If anyone in the Huntington Beach/seal beach/Newport beach area needs their cover cleaned or small repairs, I’m your girl. Tina Anderberg. Text me at (626) 701-7124 and I’ll give you a quote.

Markus 06-01-2023 03:28 AM

Take it to a boat cover cleaner

Don't you have boat cover cleaners over there? Like Tina's business above.

In this neck of the woods, there are lots of shops that specialize in boat cover repair, cleaning and re-waterproofing.

It is a big market due to sail boats that sit in the water all season with large, complicated cockpit covers.

Tina Anderberg does sound like a Swedish boat cover cleaner, by the way.