Notices

25 sunsation on lake erie

Old 05-04-2010, 05:04 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 25 sunsation on lake erie

hi im new to the forum and this will be my first go fast boat. im looking at getting a 25 ft sunsation aggressor with 300 hrs on it. it has the 454 mag in it. my question is will it handle the waves of lake erie or should i pony up and get a 8ft beam boat?
Old 05-04-2010, 06:56 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by berfbong
hi im new to the forum and this will be my first go fast boat. im looking at getting a 25 ft sunsation aggressor with 300 hrs on it. it has the 454 mag in it. my question is will it handle the waves of lake erie or should i pony up and get a 8ft beam boat?
You wont need a 8 ft beam. Hopefully you got a great deal and welcome to the insanity that going fast brings! if your married I will apologize to your wife now! where are you going to be putting in at and docking from?
Old 05-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Registered

I love my aggressor. It handles the waves pretty well for a 24/7 boat. They make great starter boats.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's a very fun boat and a great teacher! It's also a drivers boat so the more you run them the better
Old 05-04-2010, 10:38 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

You'll be fine, runs to the bay you may hafta keep an eye on the weather but thats a great boat for this area. Where will you be boating out of? I come out of Toledo//Maumee bay and make the run to the islands often. The 24/7 will handle rougher water better then an eight foot beam boat of the same length.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 05-04-2010, 11:01 PM
Registered

thank you all for the feed back. i feel much better about my decision. im going to rack store it at copper kettle marina by the lorain river. the stitching in the seat covers need to be repaired. does anyone know of a good company in that area?
Old 05-05-2010, 06:47 AM
Registered

Get ahold of Dave at XT innovations out of Bucyrus. He can make it look new again. Do a search on here for him.
Old 05-08-2010, 12:14 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by berfbong
thank you all for the feed back. i feel much better about my decision. im going to rack store it at copper kettle marina by the lorain river. the stitching in the seat covers need to be repaired. does anyone know of a good company in that area?
hey, i look forward to seeing you down at the kettle. im the service manager there. nice to see some more offshore guys come in. come see me when you come down i may now of someone who can help you out with your seats.
glass dave is right on the money too, the 7 ft beam is better in rough water!