Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure >

Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure

Notices

Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure

Old 06-19-2010, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Looks good, Bob. Those gopro's are well worth the money.

Found some good aerial footage of the run here when I went to watch your videos.

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-20-2010, 01:39 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

While yesterday was a nice day for the most part, a tropical depression has almost worked it's way thru and has had us hunkered down for most of the day today. Carib weather radar shows the rain is pretty well done for the rest of today so hope to go for a rip in the boats and will likely find some big water. Tomorrow we are hoping to go out to Anegada and it's pristine beaches and reefs for some diving and find the guy who serves lobster dinner right on the beach. Need this system to pass thru first.
First pic is the view from my room yesterday and 2nd pic from this morning with wind kicking up the waves some.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 06-20-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 06-20-2010, 02:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Storytime

Since I am waiting out this tropical storm, I have some time for a story.

A week after I did the BVI poker run and had returned to Canada, I received a phone call from a talk show host in Puerto Rico. His name was Ryan Christiansen and he had heard about our trip down from FL and invited me to talk on his show about the experience and I did. A couple of days ago at the Saba Rock Resort I meet this guy who engaged me in conversation and tells me about his son who is a talk show host and how he got to wakeboard behind Earthrace when it came thru the BVI 2 years ago on it's way around the world. Turns out the guy I'm talking to is Ryan's dad and he shows me these amazing pictures of Ryan wakeboarding behind Earthrace. It was of of interest to me as I had enquired about buying the leg on Earthrace across the Mediterranean in which it got caught in a storm and severely damaged the boat ending the attempt. I did not do the leg with them as people a lot smarter than me had talked me out of doing it ! Thank goodness. It was subsequently sold to Greenpeace and as most know was rammed and sank in the Antarctic earlier this year.

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 06-20-2010 at 03:02 PM.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:37 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

The tropical depression has moved along enough that Expat got his Tiger out and I ran the Nor Tech, getting some great running shots and video of his boat. We visited a few different Islands today and took some time for a swim and a bit of snorkeling. Tomorrow I will run over to St Thomas to hopefully load Team PREDATOR on the trailer for shipment to FL and then fly north on Wednesday. My time in the BVI for now is coming to an end. What a great experience and I am definitely planning on returning later in the year. David and Chrissann and Saba Rock Resort have been great hosts and I will always appreciate and remember my time here. I am going to leave the DUX boat in David and Chrissann's care and get it at a later date.
In the last pic I was caught napping ...... with my own camera ! LOL

Last edited by Bobthebuilder; 06-21-2010 at 10:51 PM.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:45 AM
JCG
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, it's great to see David got the Tiger on the water! Looks great!! I'm glad to see you guys could go for a run after the rain. Great pictures!

Julian
Old 06-22-2010, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by JCG
Hey, it's great to see David got the Tiger on the water! Looks great!! I'm glad to see you guys could go for a run after the rain. Great pictures!

Julian
Thanks, Julian. I will see you next time thru. Hoping to return in October and possibly ship the Donzi down and leave here for the winter.
I will keep in touch.
Bob
Old 06-22-2010, 10:26 AM
JCG
Registered

Great idea! Make a little noise withe the Donzi! jajaja... My dad says he'll miss hanging out with you in Ponce on the way back. jeje... Hopefully we can go meet you at Saba, when you return. Definitely, keep in touch.

Julian
Old 06-23-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Here are a couple more pics of Bob and Team Predator and the Tiger on the docks at Trellis Bay and Cooper Island. All those sailboaters don't know whether to try to get freindly or just hide their women as we all know they would rather ride with us!
That Nortech sure puts the Tiger in it's place-on the dock anyway.
Bob is flying out from St Thomas today and I'm sure he will post more running pics and such when he gets back to the Great White North. We had lot's of good fun-even during the unfortunate heavy rains during his visit. More later. David
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-img_3808.jpg   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-p6211228.jpg   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-p6211248.jpg  

Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-p6211255.jpg   Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-p6211258.jpg  
Old 06-23-2010, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by Expat
Here are a couple more pics of Bob and Team Predator and the Tiger on the docks at Trellis Bay and Cooper Island. All those sailboaters don't know whether to try to get freindly or just hide their women as we all know they would rather ride with us!
That Nortech sure puts the Tiger in it's place-on the dock anyway.
Bob is flying out from St Thomas today and I'm sure he will post more running pics and such when he gets back to the Great White North. We had lot's of good fun-even during the unfortunate heavy rains during his visit. More later. David
David,

thanks for the pictures. I think the Tiger looks pretty damn good next to Team Predator. If you guys double-team the blowboaters they'll never stand a chance!

That shot of Bob in the hammock is a classic.

Hope to get back down your way sometime- that island world is beautiful beyond words. j

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 06-23-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Jay, you know where we are. Around the bar for Painkiller Happy Hour. Quite the scenery here today. You would be clicking away for all! db
Attached Thumbnails Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure-happyhouratsabarocksmaller.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.