Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure >

Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure

Notices

Bobthebuilder heading back to the Islands, looking for a new adventure

Old 07-01-2010, 08:25 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Bob, I just read the entire thread the other day and as far as I know, its the best thread ever. I wish I would have followed it day by day. Hope you have a few more stories up your sleeve from this trip to post! Thank you!

Also, I did not know Earthrace sank. Was it recovered or ? Never heard anything about this.
Yes...
http://open.salon.com/blog/karll/201...panese_whalers
Old 07-01-2010, 10:37 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 121 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by TEAMBAJA
Bob, I just read the entire thread the other day and as far as I know, its the best thread ever. I wish I would have followed it day by day. Hope you have a few more stories up your sleeve from this trip to post! Thank you!

Also, I did not know Earthrace sank. Was it recovered or ? Never heard anything about this.
Thanks, TEAMBAJA and others. Not sure there is a whole lot more I can add but will give it some thought. I got back home and became engulfed again with the daily routine and have not had much time. Also figured after a month we all had enough but nice to see there is still interest.

Right now Team PREDATOR is probably in Puerto Rico being transfered onto a larger ship going to Ft Lauderdale. I can track it and follow its progress back. I must check up on it today.

Bob
Old 07-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 554 Likes on 263 Posts

Powerboat blogger Tank Sears (thisistank) had some nice things to say about Bob's recent journeys in his latest blog. Check it out...
http://powerboatmag.com/tank-sears-blog/
Old 07-28-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Bob I had someone post to me that it was 10 grand to ship their cog tiger from la to Hawaii. You have any input on what cost was like any if you brokered it or is there a sophisticated boat shipper out there
Old 07-28-2010, 10:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by kyboy1020
Bob I had someone post to me that it was 10 grand to ship their cog tiger from la to Hawaii. You have any input on what cost was like any if you brokered it or is there a sophisticated boat shipper out there
$ 10K to Hawaii does not look out of line at all for a Tiger given the distance. It cost me $4,600 to ship the NT from St Thomas to Ft lauderdale on the return. I do not have any west coast shipping contacts but may be looking for one. I am going to check the cost of shipping my Donzi to New Zealand later this year. I have a niece living there and have fallen in love w NZ since looking at her amazing pictures. Hmmm, just might be my next adventure. Will PM you with my findings eventually.
Old 07-29-2010, 06:28 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bob here's a product I found in a diesel magazine. If you haven't heard of it, might be worth looking into;

http://www.dieselcraft.com/Home.php
Old 07-29-2010, 08:16 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
Bob here's a product I found in a diesel magazine. If you haven't heard of it, might be worth looking into;

http://www.dieselcraft.com/Home.php
Interesting Cat but I don't think it is necessary for my application. Probably better suited to trucks or commercial applications etc. that are racking up thousands of hours. I have only 380 hrs +/- on the boat and dirty fuel or filters has never been an issue. Not sure of the cost, but doubt it could be justified in my application.
Thanks just the same tho. Like yourself, I enjoy following some of the diesel threads when they come up from time to time. Always lots to learn.
Bob
Old 07-29-2010, 09:11 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw a figure of $500. I think only one is needed because it hooks up to the fuel tanks. Most standard oil filters only filter down to 25 microns. This centrifuge filters down to 1 micron. Wouldn't hurt to call Dieselcraft and ask questions...

Yeah I'm a diesel freak, can't wait to see two of the new 800hp Banks Duramaxes in a 30'+ V bottom or cat.

Last edited by Catmando; 07-29-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bob,

sent PM
Old 08-21-2010, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by thermasystems
Bob,

sent PM
Got it Andy. Check your in box.

I am sitting at my cottage now in Canada where it has been pouring rain for the last 12 hours. I am looking out over the lake and cannot go anywhere. Your bringing this thread back has me now thinking back over this trip and what a great adventure it was. I'm trapped indoors today so maybe I will just fantasize over "what next " ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.