Old 05-10-2010, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ocean led over priced
Old 05-10-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered

Received 2,831 Likes on 951 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.
Does anyone have a set of red underwater lights on their boat? I understand they are not as good as blue/green/clear but want to match the colors of my boat and going for effect not efficiency.
Blue travels the furthest in water followd by white. Red travels the least, thus you don't see them too much.

Past Due,

What's the price comparison from the Ocean LED's to the brand you carry (Abyss lighting). I see Ocean LED publishes their prices but Abyss doesn't...Sooooooo, how do we know they're over priced.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:50 PM
Registered

Almost made my decision but wanted to get some last input.

I almost decided on three s-800's from abyss, I like the amphibians fron ocean led but I don't see the difference for the price (A6 model) All the other ocean led surface mount require a much bigger hole for install.

I really like the looks of h2olights.com you get alot brighter light for the money but nit sure how the quality of the product is? Has anyone dealt with them. THanks again
Old 05-13-2010, 02:09 PM
Registered

I'm curious about how much light is transmitted underwater on interior waterways (i.e. rivers and lakes). I would love the blue variation, but I would think white light would broadcast farther in those conditions. That or green.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:33 PM
Registered

I install the Shadow-Caster transom lights, and I've gotta say, they're the simplest. You drill 1 hole for the wire to go through, then 2 wires for the screws. The light surface mounts, and it's only about a 1/4" thick. I don't have any pics in the water, or any in the dark, but here's one in my shop with all the lights on. These are teh SC-10's in Bimini Blue.

Old 05-13-2010, 10:34 PM
Registered

also, here's a thread where a guy took almost all of the lights on the market and tested each one of them.

Which one is the best? You can decide right here: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/m...21/702750.html
Old 05-15-2010, 05:09 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have DeepSea 12 LED lights on mine. Easy install and they can be run when on plane.

http://www.deepsee.com/
Old 05-15-2010, 06:43 PM

just installed two oceanled 2010's on a black thunder. They were alittle pricey but you get what you pay for. dont think a four hundred dollar light is going to work as well as a thirteen hundred dollar light. Also you can compare the ligths by there lux rating. A 2010 has 12000 lux
Old 08-13-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered

Default These are surface mount and won't break the bank

New LED Underwater Lights by H2O
  • LED's manufactured by Phillips Lumiled Corporation
  • H2O Underwater Lights offer unique protections including a safety timer, low voltage shutdown, and overheat sensor
  • All lights come with a 2-Year Factory Warranty and LED's are rated at 50000 hours of use
  • H2O LED Lights are surface mount 3.5" diameter, feature 316 Stainless Steel Housings, and are built using Marine Grade Borosilicate Glass Lenses which will not discolor, crack or break while boating
  • H2O High Output LED Underwater Lights include a microprocessor controlled Smartsense? circuit to protect your lights as well as your battery
  • Overheat sensor shuts light off if inadvertently left on out of the water
  • Low voltage shutdown shuts light off at 11 volts to protect battery from being drained
  • Low 3.4 amp draw is substantially less than Halogen or Xenon lights and LEDs produce very little heat

$279 each, 15 LED's, Blue or White, In Stock NOW!

Link to website

Old 01-23-2011, 12:41 PM
Registered

Anyone tried these??? Liquid Lite

Just replaces your drain plug... I like the idea I can take it with me from boat to boat....

The boat with the tower has the smaller cheaper version, the other two boats have the brighter model.

The basic 3 LED model is 380 lumen and the 6 LED is 810 lumen

http://drainpluglight.com/

Last edited by East Coast B; 01-23-2011 at 01:30 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.