Notices

Will XM stay around?

Old 04-25-2002, 02:20 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Will XM stay around?

Whats the prognosis do you think it will just get bigger? or is it gonna fade away????
Old 04-25-2002, 03:18 PM
Registered

I'd say, since it is becoming an option on almost every car, it's not going anywhere.

Now I just need to look into what technology is avaiilable to recieve a signal without the monthly fee. This nickel and dimin people to death crap get's on my nerves. They should build it into the cost of the reciever.

Last edited by Advantage_Rob; 04-25-2002 at 04:26 PM.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:01 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default no question

XM rocks it is definitely here to stay!! once you have your boat rigged with it you'll know why.
Old 04-25-2002, 04:52 PM
Registered

If they would give the radio away...I would get a sub
The 10.00 a month ain't nuttin....the radios are 300.00 +
Old 04-25-2002, 07:22 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Finally got it installed in the Excursion today. The dealer had six units when we talked to him Saturday. Now he is out. Installed the last two today, one in a Class 8 semi and the other in our X. We were told by the dealer that it would take about 45 minutes to an hour to activate. I called XM at 3:00 PM today with credit card information. The customer service agent appologized to me and said it would take between 12 to 24 hours before I could get anything besides the preview channel because they are so overwhelmed with new subscriptions. He said they have sold 59 million since November of last year. I think this is for real and will be here to stay. The sound of the preview station is great. My wife really likes the cool looking antenna on the roof. Mounted in the center of the roof near the back. Cannot wait until tomorrow to really start enjoying it.

Mark
Old 04-26-2002, 12:34 PM
Registered

New Pioneer 740 Premier being installed as we speak! thanks I just wanted a little moral support after I droped that grand!!
jrocket
Old 04-26-2002, 12:50 PM
29Fever

I'm still waiting for the prices to come down. I like the concept, but all the stations still only play the same 15 songs! It would be nice for the boat!

Old 04-26-2002, 12:52 PM
Registered

I think the penetration XM is making right now is remarkable. realize, people getting XM now need to usually take the car in, figure out a new head unit or adapter to get, find a location for the antenna, maybe get a difft. more appropriate antenna, and set up an account, wait to have the thing installed and get the car. In the near future, it will be... "Would you like the XM option on your new car Mr./Mrs. Smith?". --- John
Old 04-26-2002, 12:56 PM
Registered

29 Fever... The info you have regarding the stations is not right, their are like over 40 stations (maybe over 100, haven't really explored enough) at least that play music and each tends to hone in on a genre so basically you get unlimited music genres. You get '70s or '80's or MTY or Pop or old school rhyme or country or reggae or K-Rock or... you get the idea. It's really unlimited the choices. -- JOhn
Old 04-26-2002, 01:02 PM
Intolerant1

Remember when cable tv was commercial free?

Quick Reply: Will XM stay around?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.