Notices

LOTO - No wake

Old 04-25-2002, 06:59 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts

if you like to run in the rough stuff all you need to do is run up the main channel 6mm - 19mm just about any weekend and thats usually enough for most all, to catch some air and get slapped around. the only thing i would be worried about is as posted earlier that they dont start putting up no wake idle speeds all over. unfortunately it's the snow plows who have thier ass buried that are destroying the shore property.
Old 04-25-2002, 07:03 PM
The Senior Charter Member #1070
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Angry What a crock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is some B.S. if ya ask me ; all that is gonna do is have a bunch of people getting on plane while turning the corner by the Moorings, as if it wasn't bad enough already when people were already on plane and making the turn. Now it will be an even bigger cluster fu$% with a bunch of people getting on plane going towards the cove and people coming off plane leaving the Glaize arm and all of that will be right by one of the most dangerous areas in years past. What fuc$#% genious came up with this plan!!! These people are going to make it so tourists quit frequenting the Lake and then they will be fu$%#@!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry bros this just really pisses me off....
The bottom line is that the cove has moved down the Lake every couple of years; look how bad the water use to be around the seven-mile-marker and then the fourteen-mile-marker... every part of the lake has taken turns dealing with rough water...... These old farts just will not let the issue rest however..... they are almost as bad as the people who complain about nudity in the party cove.... IF YA DON'T LIKE IT, DON'T GO THERE!!!!!!!!
MY .02

BY THE WAY,
HEY GARY ANDERSON..... WHAT'S UP BRO???

Last edited by Tbonepmp; 04-27-2002 at 04:17 AM.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:10 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Tbonepmp,
C'mon, dont hold back. What do you really think?

Troutly,
Funny you should mention BWJ cove. That's one of the few places that I think should be no wake all the way back. Navigating between the no wake markers, through a half dozen boats running on plane, after dark is always an adventure.
Probably just a matter of time until the lake looks like the intercostal down in FL. Different no wake regulations every mile.
Gary
Old 04-26-2002, 09:28 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Here in Illinois ,every place there are boats parked are NO WAKE ZONES. Restaurants,marinas,private docks,etc. They are even talking about making the whole river a No Wake Zone from the locks to the lake.That would turn a 10 minute trip into a hour. The one's complaining here are the barges.I know in the past the wake from my 27 footer has rocked some of the big coal barges

I only go to LOTO once a year or so,and the extra 10 minutes wont kill me. But I do believe like Troutly and some others stated,this will only be the begining.
Old 04-26-2002, 09:46 AM
Registered

Troutly
The no wake zone at the Grand Glaize bride was put in place at the time when they were building the 2nd two lane bridge there. That was before PC moved there. They did the same thing at the new toll bridge, but eventually removed those markers.
The cynical part of me would guess that the markers were left at the GG bridge to generate revenue.
I assume by St Croix, you're referring to MN.
I used to boat on the Miss. and Lake Minnetonka up there 10 yeras ago. There were quite a few no wake zones then but I only remember Minnetonka having a speed limit. Do the St Croix and areas of the Miss. have speed limits too now?
Gary
Old 04-26-2002, 10:51 AM
Registered

Bridge collisions have not been much of a problem, probably because they're so well lit. Besides, anyone who would hit one would probaly never notice the No Wake area anyway.
I remeber the collision from a few years ago. I kind of thought they would use that as an excuse for speed limits. I'm surprised it took this long.
Don't ever try to reason with the No Wake, speed limit, noise ordinance, Granola Eaters. Even if it is a wake erosion/damage issue, they dont find the biggest culprit (400 Sea Rays) intimidating. They see waves come in, and if there's a loud, flashy, 38 Cig going by at 60mph. Their tought process is that they've got to get "those" boats off the lake. "They're" obviously the problem. Meanwhile, another 400 Sea Ray plows by throwing a 4 Ft wake. But of course, the Sea Rays are a nice family, quiet, white boat. They cant cause any problems.
BTW, I can pick on cruisers since I have one now.
My $0.02
Gary
Old 04-26-2002, 11:03 AM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Troutly, keep me posted if any speed restrictions are imposed on the St Croix this year. I hope not, 40 mph is BS on that stretch of river. Your right, if anything, they should restrict the size of the wake from some of those cruisers (although they do make for some great wave jumping)

Jeff
Old 04-26-2002, 12:23 PM
Registered

Default nuther area

anyone hear about changes at the Porto Cima cove, no wake or no tethering? They are working on the marina that is going to be in that cove.

Eventually, the only acceptable behavior at the lake will be for property owners to sit on their deck and look at the peacefull lake.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not the Porto Cima cove too. I really like that place when when someone's aboard that I'm not taking to PC, or I don't want to deal with PC. Plus it's fun to watch the golfers try to carry the water.
Old 04-26-2002, 02:16 PM
Registered

Default let me clear that up

My post was a question, only a question.

I have no facts that any action is underway regarding the cove other than the work being done along the shore there and the maps that show a marina to be located there eventually. I did read in another forum that some restrictions would be placed in the cove this year but have not confirmed anything.

My fear is that after every cove is developed there will not be anyplace for boats to tie up/anchor and swim. And this situation is not too far in the future.

Quick Reply: LOTO - No wake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.