Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Has anyone dealt with Marine Max Marina in Lindenhurst, NY? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/230246-has-anyone-dealt-marine-max-marina-lindenhurst-ny.html)

zeller 05-11-2010 08:15 AM

Has anyone dealt with Marine Max Marina in Lindenhurst, NY?

I am a new boat owner (new to me),a 1993 Trojan 370 Express Cruiser that we found online and traveled to Lindenhurst NY from Cincinnati OH to buy. Paid cash so there was no financing needed. But I am having the worse time dealing with them. They either won't give me a true answer to my questions or most times they won't call me back. Anyone able to help me? Does anybody know anybody in Marine Max Corporate Office in Florida? I have finally received my boat but things are missing and wrong. I didn't realize this was going to be such a horrible experience. I LOVE the Trojan Boat! If I didn't love the boat so much, I think I would have asked for a refund and kept looking. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

JIM H 05-11-2010 03:09 PM

I live near the marina and dont hold you breath. They are good at jerking costomers off. I'm speaking from experence

Gladhe8er 05-11-2010 04:29 PM

Sounds like this type of thing is not limited to 1 single Marine Max. My buddy bought a Sea Ray a few years ago and is still trying to get them to fix some crap.

DollaBill 05-11-2010 04:36 PM

they suck. suck it up and just fix your boat and enjoy it

ZXXX Donzi 05-11-2010 08:16 PM

I bought a boat through them in Chattanooga. They were fine there. It is probably like many companies. Unfortunately not all offices are created equal.

Panther 05-11-2010 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3108147)
they suck. suck it up and just fix your boat and enjoy it

Yeah but the other guy stiffed that dealiership in florida for $1K in service work on the boat he just bought and every one was ready to hang him.......

Then we have other "subjects" with evidence that's irrefutable and it continued on like it's not a big deal.

Let's at least be consistent.. :drink:

I say go for the balls with these yahoo's, whether it's a person or a business... I've had enough of the unethical horsheeet already, it's gotta stop!:party-smiley-004:

Makes me almost embarrassed to be a powerboat owner with some of this crap I've been seeing....:bigbird:

zeller 05-13-2010 11:46 AM

It's all about the little things that we requested be done when we bought the boat. Repairing the canvas, tucking the carpet that was installed by the previous owner, reattaching the corner molding on the hatchs. Just lots of little things like that and oh, they didn't send or attach the windlass anchor that's in the purchase agreement. The boat was weeks overdue which ruined a Suprise 50th Birthday Party celebration I had planned with 62 guests and they would never call me back and let me know what was and wasn't going on. I have called them everyday since Monday (when it was delivered) about the anchor and still nothing! No matter who I talk to they forward me to someone else. It's just a bunch of crap!:bsflag: I know I could buy a new anchor but it's the principle of it all. I assumed that buying from a dealership would be a safe bet but we all know what happens when we ASSume! ****UPDATE**** I just received a call from Marine Max. They need to know what kind of windlass is on the boat so they can order the correct chain and line to send to me along with the anchor. I'll let you know when I receive it! Don't hold your breath....you could turn many different shades of blue!

DollaBill 05-13-2010 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by Panther (Post 3108351)
Yeah but the other guy stiffed that dealiership in florida for $1K in service work on the boat he just bought and every one was ready to hang him.......

Then we have other "subjects" with evidence that's irrefutable and it continued on like it's not a big deal.

Let's at least be consistent.. :drink:

I say go for the balls with these yahoo's, whether it's a person or a business... I've had enough of the unethical horsheeet already, it's gotta stop!:party-smiley-004:

Makes me almost embarrassed to be a powerboat owner with some of this crap I've been seeing....:bigbird:

I guess I just believe that he'd be wasting time. Dealing with a single person or dealer can be done, but they are the LARGEST DEALER in the world. good luck

omerta one 05-13-2010 12:32 PM

The Marine Max here at LOTO is actually quite responsive. I bought two Sea Ray's thru them and both were positive experiences.