Like Tree0Likes

Local guy bought this boat on Ebay. What would you do?

Old 05-11-2010, 12:17 PM
Racer
Racer

My Boats: 38 Fountain Canopy, V24 Bat Boat

You Bid You Buy. Just like the seller has to follow through at a very low price.

my .02
Old 05-11-2010, 12:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

If the owner doesn't have anything to hide. He won't care if it get surveyed.. Just my .02
Old 05-11-2010, 12:25 PM
Banned

My Boats: 40 SKATER

EBAY sucks [email protected] and is always in the buyers favor and doesn't care about sellers no matter how long or if they spend 2K a month in ebay fees .the high bidder/WINNER will get a unpaid item strike against him and bid on the next item or just open a new account and start over .happens on the bigger items cars,trucks,boats,heavy equipt ...good luck and hope it worx out for ya
Old 05-11-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

My Boats: 33 Sutphen Outrageous 41' Gibson "Angry Pirate Skanktuary" 30' tracker tri-toon 1969 Cobalt XV-200 24' Mariah anything that someone will come pick me up in!!

fuqin ebay.. thats why it sux... both parties need to honor the agreement but you cant squeeze blood from a turnip... boats bad a$$... buyer needs to pay cash then survey and get a loan when he gets home... there is a video of Reggie driving this boat or something somewhere i remember seeing it a couple of years ago... if he doesnt need a loan he needs to man up and pay because he bought it when he clicked the "are you fuqin sure button" on ebay beating my $50k bid with only 5 seconds left... just kidding on that last part, black is awesome looking but it gets pretty sunny in texas
Old 05-11-2010, 12:33 PM
Registered

My Boats: 290 Enticer FX

Seems like a hell of a rig for the $$, even if it is 20 years old. If the buyer didn't have it surveyed prior to the end of auction, it's his regardless. Take a good mechanic on the sea trial and back away if it has issues.........
I don't know the boat, but I think I know the owner (Harleys). If his initials are CE, pm me................
Old 05-11-2010, 12:53 PM
Registered

Should have made inspection/survey part of the bid payment. I would back away from the guy since he won't let anyone inspect it..BTW that boat has been for sale for a while hasn't it??
Old 05-11-2010, 02:34 PM
Registered

My Boats: Nothing "Boatless in N.Scottsdale"

42 Triple Black Fountain Lightning with a Myco Aluminum Trailer. This boat is One of only Two EVER MADE! Absolutely turn-key, inspections invited.
Seller shouldnt put this in the add if he isnt going to honor it. Why dont he just say $50k and no inspection....RUN FORREST RUN...
Old 05-11-2010, 03:12 PM
Registered

My Boats: 42 Fountain

Quote:
Originally Posted by fubard View Post
42 Triple Black Fountain Lightning with a Myco Aluminum Trailer. This boat is One of only Two EVER MADE! Absolutely turn-key, inspections invited.
Seller shouldnt put this in the add if he isnt going to honor it. Why dont he just say $50k and no inspection....RUN FORREST RUN...
I disagree. You can always contact the buyer and set up a side deal pending survey. If you bid, you better be ready to buy.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 42 FOUNTAIN / MALIBU

Quote:
Originally Posted by joew. View Post
I disagree. You can always contact the buyer and set up a side deal pending survey. If you bid, you better be ready to buy.
+1
Old 05-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Registered

My Boats: boatless... with money in the bank!!

u guys r wrong... i won an ebay auction and they would not proceed cause the seller AFTER said it was subject to bank approval... ebay did nothing