Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Local guy bought this boat on Ebay.  What would you do? >

Local guy bought this boat on Ebay. What would you do?

Notices

Local guy bought this boat on Ebay. What would you do?

Old 05-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Racer
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You Bid You Buy. Just like the seller has to follow through at a very low price.

my .02
Old 05-11-2010, 11:18 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If the owner doesn't have anything to hide. He won't care if it get surveyed.. Just my .02
Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Banned

EBAY sucks C@ck and is always in the buyers favor and doesn't care about sellers no matter how long or if they spend 2K a month in ebay fees .the high bidder/WINNER will get a unpaid item strike against him and bid on the next item or just open a new account and start over .happens on the bigger items cars,trucks,boats,heavy equipt ...good luck and hope it worx out for ya
Old 05-11-2010, 11:31 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

fuqin ebay.. thats why it sux... both parties need to honor the agreement but you cant squeeze blood from a turnip... boats bad a$$... buyer needs to pay cash then survey and get a loan when he gets home... there is a video of Reggie driving this boat or something somewhere i remember seeing it a couple of years ago... if he doesnt need a loan he needs to man up and pay because he bought it when he clicked the "are you fuqin sure button" on ebay beating my $50k bid with only 5 seconds left... just kidding on that last part, black is awesome looking but it gets pretty sunny in texas
Old 05-11-2010, 11:33 AM
Registered

Seems like a hell of a rig for the $$, even if it is 20 years old. If the buyer didn't have it surveyed prior to the end of auction, it's his regardless. Take a good mechanic on the sea trial and back away if it has issues.........
I don't know the boat, but I think I know the owner (Harleys). If his initials are CE, pm me................
Old 05-11-2010, 11:53 AM
Registered

Should have made inspection/survey part of the bid payment. I would back away from the guy since he won't let anyone inspect it..BTW that boat has been for sale for a while hasn't it??
Old 05-11-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

42’ Triple Black Fountain Lightning with a Myco Aluminum Trailer. This boat is One of only Two EVER MADE! Absolutely turn-key, inspections invited.
Seller shouldnt put this in the add if he isnt going to honor it. Why dont he just say $50k and no inspection....RUN FORREST RUN...
Old 05-11-2010, 02:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by fubard
42’ Triple Black Fountain Lightning with a Myco Aluminum Trailer. This boat is One of only Two EVER MADE! Absolutely turn-key, inspections invited.
Seller shouldnt put this in the add if he isnt going to honor it. Why dont he just say $50k and no inspection....RUN FORREST RUN...
I disagree. You can always contact the buyer and set up a side deal pending survey. If you bid, you better be ready to buy.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by joew.
I disagree. You can always contact the buyer and set up a side deal pending survey. If you bid, you better be ready to buy.
+1
Old 05-11-2010, 02:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

u guys r wrong... i won an ebay auction and they would not proceed cause the seller AFTER said it was subject to bank approval... ebay did nothing

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.