Tabs or drives to level boat

Notices

Tabs or drives to level boat

Old 05-19-2010, 09:21 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 249 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by Panther
I do, I run them almost all the way down. Helps get this heavy beast up on plane quicker!
+1
Old 05-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

I am similar to frank as well. (go figure, you'd think it was the same boat)..

I actually have found that my boat handles better with a little positive trim of the drive and then using tab input to settle it down if need be.

Tab makes a big difference when getting on plain in a heavy resin bucket..
Old 05-20-2010, 04:13 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
other wise bow shoots to the moon
Exactly!!! Glad to here you guys do the same.......the difference in putting them down and not putting them down is tremendous............
Old 05-20-2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

Trim tabs are just as stated, to adjust trim. Getting up on plane drives in tabs down, start bringing up the tabs as speed increases and use the horizon as your gauge for adjustments as well as sea conditions, if adjusted correctly the bow of your boat will be used to punch thru the oncoming waves as intended, there is a fine balance of trim and drive setting to get it to run correctly and not beat up the boat or passengers, If you have the opportunity to take a performance driving course then I would highly recommend it. I personally have taken the Tre Martin course and would suggest it to anybody with a high performance boat as you will truly learn how trim works and its effects to properly adjust to sea conditions. Take a look at this video of Tre and watch how the boat fly's straight and uses the bow as intended. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jWzBxT8GpVY
Old 05-20-2010, 08:45 AM
Registered

I use both my trim tabs and drives in all different types of situations depending on conditions. If I have a lot of weight on the boat (+4 people/full tank gas, etc.), I'll put the tabs down to get on plane quicker then slowly bring the tabs up, then adjust the tabs to balance the weight if needed.
In a crosswind and/or cross seas I will also use the tabs to run the boat flat throught the seas; makes for a better ride in that situation.
My suggestion is to play around with your set-up so you feel comfortable using the tabs and so you know when you can use them.
good luck
Old 05-20-2010, 09:12 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by laszlo01
if adjusted correctly the bow of your boat will be used to punch thru the oncoming waves as intended, there is a fine balance of trim and drive setting to get it to run correctly and not beat up the boat or passengers

Old 05-20-2010, 09:15 AM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by baywatch
I am similar to frank as well. (go figure, you'd think it was the same boat)..

I actually have found that my boat handles better with a little positive trim of the drive and then using tab input to settle it down if need be.

Tab makes a big difference when getting on plain in a heavy resin bucket..
Josh, before I raised the X Dimension my boat liked a little positive drive trim. With the higher X Dimension the boat likes a neutral drive trim and it rides a little better in the chop. Some pretty cool effects it had!
Old 05-20-2010, 01:56 PM
Registered

tagged
Old 05-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DareDevil
YES !!!
There is also a nice Video from Reggie on this matter, even tho a lot don't like him,, he know show its done and for newbys its actually nice to see and hear how its done !
Here it is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8Qzsf6aZpk
Old 05-20-2010, 05:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Panther
I do, I run them almost all the way down. So my gears dont turn to dust

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.