Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Statement 50 Passion Catamaran Hits the Water (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/230849-statement-50-passion-catamaran-hits-water.html)

boating37 05-20-2010 06:31 PM

The boat is just ''OUTRAGOUS'' ! You guys did a great job,
first run you out to get those numbers. That is a Statment!

Catmando 05-20-2010 06:47 PM

Originally Posted by TampaBeach (Post 3115223)
I explained my statement in the next few lines, in my sole opinion a turbine boat is not a "pleasure" boat. My family owns two Bell Jet ranger Hellicopters with turbines, they are loud, consume specialized fuel. Their is nothing pleasure about it other than landing on the top of the boat house. But hey it's all good, you are free to disagree. My point was I feel a better marketing strategy would be

"Extreme Performance in Style and Comfort":evilb:

You live in Tampa right? Pompano Beach is just a couple of hours away from you. Pay Turbine Marine a visit, John will be glad to give you a tour and answer your questions. :) Turbines in the marine environment is a much different animal from helicopters.

Double R Performance 05-20-2010 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by TampaBeach (Post 3114864)
While I am impressed and it is a very nice boat with nice numbers to match. I feel the marketing strategy may be off a little. I mean you say you are out to create a "pleasure" boat, but the fact you install turbines, their is no way it is a pleasure boat. Pleasure ususally mean comfortable and easy to use (no or low hassle). While I am sure you have comfortable down to a science, I don't think to many marina's carry Jet A or even kerosine. Maybe a better marketing strategy would be "Extreme Performance in Style and Comfort":evilb:

Looks great congrats:drink:

Thanks for your input Tampa. Statement was looking to build a pleasure boat with the Passion 50. When we say pleasure, we mean 100 PERCENT NOT A RACEBOAT.

Let's start with the motors. These T-53's do not generate the kind of hp and torque as some of the other turbine applications do that have been going into canopied raceboats recently. The sheer forces that these larger packages generate have a tendency to be hard on the parts around them. The larger motors are overkill for what we were looking to do.

The boat is also luxurious. The interior is anything but RACE. There is no canopy. The cockpit has full suspension for comfort. The boat has a party pit in the back that can accommodate a bar, a lounge, a hot tub or a number of other configurations. I can go on and on. But this boat is a PLEASURE boat.

Finally, if one is, for whatever reason, of the opinion that it is impossible to have a pleasure boat with turbines, take note that the next one will have 1350 Mercury's.

Double R Performance 05-20-2010 07:29 PM

Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Catmando 05-20-2010 10:44 PM

Oh and actually I live over in St Pete on Gulf blvd, waiting for the OIL to wash up on the beach infront of me.

I know the Gulf road well. Been to the Dali exhibit. I used to live in Tampa on Fletcher Ave. near USF. One of my cousins lives in Sarasota near the Ringling museum.

You won't have to wait long for that oil. :mad: :(

ThoroughHustler 05-21-2010 12:16 PM

Party Pit...i need to hear more info on this.

NASCAT 05-21-2010 01:57 PM

Very Nice, congrats Ted & Nick on another fine boat from the Statement Marine Stable!

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-21-2010 02:22 PM

Best of luck with the cat !

If she runs anything like the vee, it will be a great runner!

boating37 05-22-2010 10:23 AM

Can't wait to get a ride in Jacksonville !