Like Tree0Likes

OSO Member "firehawkcat" is a Good Guy

Old 05-23-2010, 01:46 PM
Registered

Thumbs up OSO Member "firehawkcat" is a Good Guy

I only put this in here just to add a touch of positive light to the "beware" section... And where else would I put it??

This member bought a used coupler I offered and he paid right away. Further, he called me to ask a question about paypal as he has usually been directed there via ebay but never logged on just to send someone money directly...

After walking him through it, he realized that I as the seller would be charged the 2.99 or 3 percent of the deal. Not only did he pay right away but he was kind enough to pay the fee that I am responsible for.

So there you have it. There ARE some good guys left in the world. It's not the extra money that counts to me. It's the FRIENDLY ATTITUDE and willingness to realize he got a good deal and he wanted BOTH parties to be happy with it.

He did not have to do that for me. So to him I say THANK YOU!
Old 05-23-2010, 02:20 PM
Crazy Energy
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (4)

My Boats: Old Skool 35' Ocean Express Cat 1700 HP

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFever View Post
I only put this in here just to add a touch of positive light to the "beware" section... And where else would I put it??

This member bought a used coupler I offered and he paid right away. Further, he called me to ask a question about paypal as he has usually been directed there via ebay but never logged on just to send someone money directly...

After walking him through it, he realized that I as the seller would be charged the 2.99 or 3 percent of the deal. Not only did he pay right away but he was kind enough to pay the fee that I am responsible for.

So there you have it. There ARE some good guys left in the world. It's not the extra money that counts to me. It's the FRIENDLY ATTITUDE and willingness to realize he got a good deal and he wanted BOTH parties to be happy with it.

That's wonderfull, so many will not do that. Another option is you can also on paypal send a payment on the personal tab and send it as payment owed and no one is charged the 3% charge.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:37 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 firehawk 2600

Got worried for a second when i saw my name in the beware area
Old 05-23-2010, 02:42 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velocity Vector View Post
That's wonderfull, so many will not do that. Another option is you can also on paypal send a payment on the personal tab and send it as payment owed and no one is charged the 3% charge.
Did not know that. That's great. Now I feel stupid -
Old 05-23-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDFever View Post

Good to hear, I just had a great experience with a guy in the classifieds too for 2 sets of CMI headers, he had is g/f drop them off at my partners shop in Vegas so he could inspect and give him the cash..thanks Pat!
Old 05-23-2010, 06:25 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

My Boats: Missing my PowerPlay

I just sold a Anchor Shade to bajaboatnut. I shipped it out without any payment from him, told him if it was as represented then send me a check. I got the check a few days after he got it. Small transaction for sure but good business still happens on OSO.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 31 american offshore,38 fountain fever

most people are honest and trustworthy,it,s to bad that a few azzholes are out to screw people,i have baught&sold tons of stuff on oso and not been screwed yet.maybe im just luckey,or maybe its the power of oso.
Old 05-23-2010, 09:26 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member
Trade Score: (9)

My Boats: Shopping

That goes For SDFever too. Have had a couple of dealings with him and he has always been up front and prompt with shipping. There are a few good ones left. Pete
Old 05-24-2010, 07:11 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

My Boats: 00 Cig Tiger,74 Cig 20'

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike tkach View Post
most people are honest and trustworthy,it,s to bad that a few azzholes are out to screw people,i have baught&sold tons of stuff on oso and not been screwed yet.maybe im just luckey,or maybe its the power of oso.
Very valid point. that why this section serves as the "neighborhood watch"
Old 05-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Registered

My Boats: 2000 firehawk 2600

Dealing with SDFever was excellent called me today told it was shipped just like he said he would thanks somebody needs to buy all his parts great prices fast shipping