Notices

Hey Cord !!!!

Old 04-26-2002, 02:30 PM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Hey Cord !!!!

Hows your cat coming along????We sure would like to see some pictures....Did Bruce get your motor done? When you get that bad boy done you better make a trip over here to west Mi. so you can convert me from a V-hull guy......You can stay with us again if you like (the cottage is rented the months of june and july)hope you have better luck on this side of the lake this year!
Old 04-26-2002, 03:52 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's comming, but real slow. I have the boat at home, so now I can really work on it. But with it being in the 40's, it sure is hard to get motivated. I've gotten the bilge painted, the battery, fuel pumps and the gauges installed. Need to complete the additional wiring for the new gauges. I don't have the heavy battery wiring in yet. There's not a whole lot more that I can do in the bilge before the motor comes. I got the box and gimble assembly installed, but I can't get it to align. Turns out that Stellings aligns the bearing at the factory and mine came loose. Now I'm going pull the box off and sent it out to California for alignment. Two steps forward and 3 back...I got the hydraulic helm and the lines run. Had to custom machine the steering wheel mount due to the unusual dash thickness. That was kinda neat-especially when the tool shattered! Bought some mufflers from Teague. Sent my existing tips out there for them to match, which they didn't. Now I have to return them for rework. Because the Teague tips are 4 1/2" and the old ones were 4", I had to cut the holes larger. Of course, the area above the rub rail is EXACTLY 4 1/2"! Fitting these should be interesting! Got the cockpit cover made, but it releases when you tow the boat. I'll have to send it back to have the snaps replaced. Ryan of Kinetic got a preliminary sketch to me. Of course, at that exact time I found my dealer was going to keep some extra money as a commission. So much for that scheme! I've asked him to come up with some graphics that would be a bit cheaper, but I havn't heard back from him yet. I have most of the engine accessories painted, but I just can't seem to get myself to shoot the last couple of stragglers. Maybe that will happen this weekend. Supposed to snow, so I won't be working on the boat-again. There are other problems out there, but I really don't want to go into them on a public forum.

I know that Bruce is really cranking, and I'm not sure where I fit into the scheme of things. I'm kinda hoping we will be able to pick it up over memorial day-we'll see...my original goal was to have the boat running, but not dialed in by memorial day. Now I'll be glad to have it running by the 4th. That's going to put a crimp on this summer's fun/poker runs.
Old 04-26-2002, 04:08 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Cord, what type of HP is Bruce expecting? Is he building that motor from scratch or are you having him fine tune and existing?

What drive set up are you ending up with?

Hey, it is alot easier to work on the 40 degree days than the 70's and Sunny. Damn house and yard work always sneaks up on me when it gets warm.

Take Care

Jeff
Old 04-26-2002, 04:26 PM
Registered

Dyno,

Where do most of you guys boat up there in West Mich.? Do you mainly stay on the big lake or do you hit some of the inland waters?
Old 04-26-2002, 04:33 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Jeff-He's building one from scratch. He's expecting 600hp @ 5200. I'm using a 2" shortened Bravo 1, but I'm thinking that the x-dim is going to be too high. The prop shaft would be right even with the bottom, of course it would be 2' back, so it might work. You know, that stellings box has 3" of adjustment, but I won't be able to use it. With the box down 1" down from it's highest setting, I have 3/8" to go up before I hit the rub rail and 1/2" down before the box hangs below the notched transom. Now, doesn't that just suck?

Anybody want to take odds on how long the drive lives?
Old 04-26-2002, 05:00 PM
Member #9
Charter Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

That thing is gonna fly (until the drive craps out on ya)

600 ponies will keep a smile on your face

Send me some progress pics when you have them
Old 04-26-2002, 05:04 PM
pb
Charter Member
Charter Member

Cord,
Sounds like there is much to be done. Join the club. I just got the holes done for the new exhaust tips. Resined the exposed wood and then did a test patch with the barrier coat to see if there would be any problems priming the rest of the bilge. So far so good. Tommorrow I will complete the priming and then hopefully paint on Sunday. I sanded the sh*t out of the bilge area and filled in the existing screw holes to start with a clean slate for rigging. BTW, thanks for the advice on the Interthane. I was also hoping for about Memorial day or the weekend before. Lots left to do.

Good luck. I am looking forward to seeing your finished product.

Paul
Old 04-28-2002, 10:59 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Cord hope the rest of the project goes smoothly sounds like your having your share of trials.....if you need a ride for the fun run you and the wife are welcome....
WetteVette we boat the Big lake most of the time, the back water at hardy the weekend after labor day.This year I'm running from the rack storage at GreatLakes Marina so I'll be around Muskegun most of the time. The new little one (6 months) will deside just how far we run.....
Old 04-28-2002, 12:48 PM
Registered

Hopefully we will be still running strong for the Hardy Party. We here it is a pretty cool event. I have run a few times at Hunnington on that weekend, but officer friendly has made it to hard for the club to make it happen, so they have been going to Hardy. Is there any calm water out there where some of the smaller boat owners can stertch their legs? I also heard speed and noise limits are enforced. How much are the fines? Sounds like a fun weekend, but getting tickets must suck.
Old 04-28-2002, 03:51 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Well, thanks for the offer Dyno! But I'd sure hate to put the curse on your boat! I really ought to buy that unsinkable life raft that moallen was selling!

Quick Reply: Hey Cord !!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.