Correct Engine Oil w/Roller Cam >

Correct Engine Oil w/Roller Cam

Notices

Correct Engine Oil w/Roller Cam

Old 05-30-2010, 08:28 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Biggus
...yeah until Teague got a sponsorship from Amsoil.
Chevrolet has been filliing Corvette crankcase's with Mobil 1 for many years.

Biggus, Ain't that the fact. The power of the American Magazine advertiser and supporter. How about a Consumer Report style publication for Marine Performance boating. Boy, that would have some companies running for cover.

Sorry. Now to the question. IMHO a good syn oil of your choice is what you should use. Stick with the forumla that still has a high zinc value. Very important to use this for ALL break-in conditions. Especially for any valvetrain new part installations.
http://www.summitracing.com/parts/NAL-88862586/
Old 05-30-2010, 09:59 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile

Now that I have read all the threads about what oil to run, I would run amsoil15w50 racing oil. Yes Bob Teague does run his skater with amsoil and after Mercury did a refresh on his engines they said they have have never seen an engine so clean. There was no discoloration on the cam or the rollers. The crack looked there wos no major wear at all. Do I beleive it ? Yes I do when it comes from Mercury Racing Division. I just like Teague use asmoil in my Dodge Durango and have other people switch over to it as well. And amsoil has a bettter oil for drives as well. And I am also an AMSOIL dealer as well. Zone 5 is living proof that amsiol is a product you can live by. Pm me if you want to know more about amsiol products.
Old 05-30-2010, 12:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sunchaser796
And I am also an AMSOIL dealer as well.
Now there's a shock. lol
Old 05-30-2010, 09:59 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by chris@uga
Now there's a shock. lol
Is it just me, or is trying to purchase some Amsoil products like dealing with an Amway salesman?

Everyone is a dealer or should I say "order takers". No one that I have found actually stock anything. If I am wrong, then who does stock the products? In the Metro Detroit area.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:17 AM
Charter Member #1055/Moderator
Charter Member

[QUOTE=ROTAX454;3123330]Is it just me, or is trying to purchase some Amsoil products like dealing with an Amway salesman?

QUOTE]

It does seem that way. I think they have a quality product, its just expensive and a bit of an effort to get. I also don't believe they have a better engineering dept than exxon. I like going to wally world anytime I need oil and grabbin a 5qt jug for $22.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:55 AM
Registered

Saw a Crane roller rocker come out of a Flat tappet synthetic oil motor with a flat spot on the roller tip...go figure.
Old 05-31-2010, 09:20 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=GO4BROKE;3123428]
Originally Posted by ROTAX454
Is it just me, or is trying to purchase some Amsoil products like dealing with an Amway salesman?

QUOTE]

It does seem that way. I think they have a quality product, its just expensive and a bit of an effort to get. I also don't believe they have a better engineering dept than exxon. I like going to wally world anytime I need oil and grabbin a 5qt jug for $22.
I agree, But not available (in Mi Wally's) not even on their on their order guide to special order. M-1 is available at advance auto(15w-50), just in quarts. How is Castrol's synthetic, 20w-50??.
I ran GTX in race bikes for years, never had a problem. Only reason I switched M-1 thirty years ago is because it was the latest and greatest.
Old 05-31-2010, 10:21 AM
Registered

[QUOTE=CNC;3123479]
Originally Posted by GO4BROKE

I agree, But not available (in Mi Wally's) not even on their on their order guide to special order. M-1 is available at advance auto(15w-50), just in quarts. How is Castrol's synthetic, 20w-50??.
I ran GTX in race bikes for years, never had a problem. Only reason I switched M-1 thirty years ago is because it was the latest and greatest.
Are you saying there's no M-1 15W-50 at the MI Wal Mart's? The one on Van Dyke in Warren does.

There's some Amsoil also at Murray's/O'reilly's, but I don't think its a big selection.
Old 05-31-2010, 12:58 PM
Registered

I was told by my engine builder here in Australia several years ago to try and steer towards the good brand mineral racing oils for any motors he built us as he had several engines with worn rollers due to the synthetic oils being used. Once they got all there engines onto the mineral oil the problems stopped!
Im no oil expert but i trust my engine builder, he builds lots and lots of high load engines and has done for over 40 years. To me his experience outways what any oil company salesman would recommend.
How many oil companies test their engine oil range in high load high performance boat engines?
Old 05-31-2010, 01:01 PM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

[QUOTE=rlj676;3123506]
Originally Posted by CNC

Are you saying there's no M-1 15W-50 at the MI Wal Mart's? The one on Van Dyke in Warren does.

There's some Amsoil also at Murray's/O'reilly's, but I don't think its a big selection.
I haven't hit every Walmart in Mi. ( I'm in W. MI...from R.O. btw)
I just took one of my old 5qt jugs let them scan it. The manager said unavailable on their order guide...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.