Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The TALL TALES and ADVENTURES of Chris Sunkin >

The TALL TALES and ADVENTURES of Chris Sunkin

Notices

The TALL TALES and ADVENTURES of Chris Sunkin

Old 06-19-2012, 09:44 AM
Registered

Received 73 Likes on 33 Posts

I just sent an email to the editor of this site, which Sunkin is a contributing editor of.

http://www.mccookracing.com/contactMR.htm

Hopefully we get his lying ass thrown out of there.

Good afternoon. It has been brought to my attention that one of your contributing editors, Mr. Chris Sunkin, has written an article about how not to be ripped off. Although full of good information, the credibility of this editor should definitely be examined. Doing a simple search, you'll find that Mr. Sunkin has been sued for a $70,000.00 fraud claim, amonst many others. On a boating site, Offshore Only, Mr. Sunkin was uncovered as a complete fraud. He made grandiose claims of expensive boats he owned, inground swimming pools at his home which don't exist, and worst of all, he attempted to steal money which was raised for a charity. I have no axe to grind, yet I thought maybe you should be made aware of who you are entrusting with the term "contributing editor".
Old 06-19-2012, 10:59 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by repoguy
You guys are pissed cause someone actually has you running around stumped like a bunch of fools in a burning building trying to find your way out and keep slamming into each other...
No, we're pissed because we don't like childish games with people who hide behind multiple identities and talk smack without backing it up. We're annoyed because youa nd your ilk wont go away.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 AM
Registered

He is nothing more than a 'Grafter' or 'Grifter', a person whom can quickly understand an area of subject matter and pass as a person with expertise in that given area. Then gain trust by emulating and take advantage .......

Remember the movie 'Catch me if you can' same thing ..................

grafter[graft, grahft]   Dictionary.com Unabridgedgraft2    /græft, grɑft/ Show Spelled[graft, grahft] Show IPA
noun
1. the acquisition of money, gain, or advantage by dishonest, unfair, or illegal means, especially through the abuse of one's position or influence in politics, business, etc.
2. a particular instance, method, or means of thus acquiring gain or advantage.
3. the gain or advantage acquired.
4. British Slang . work; labor.
verb (used with object)
5. to obtain by graft.
verb (used without object)
6. to practice graft.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Origin:
1855–60; perhaps special use of graft1

Related forms
graft·er, noun Dictionary.com Unabridged
Based on the Random House Dictionary, © Random House, Inc. 2012.
Cite This Source |Link To grafter
CollinsWorld English Dictionary
graft 1 (ɡrɑːft)

1. work (esp in the phrase hard graft )
2. a. the acquisition of money, power, etc, by dishonest or unfair means, esp by taking advantage of a position of trust
b. something gained in this way, such as profit from government business
c. a payment made to a person profiting by such a practice

vb
3. ( intr ) to work
4. to acquire by or practise graft

[C19: of uncertain origin]

'grafter 2

— n

Collins English Dictionary - Complete & Unabridged 10th Edition
2009 © William Collins Sons & Co. Ltd. 1979, 1986 © HarperCollins
Publishers 1998, 2000, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2009
Cite This Source
EtymonlineWord Origin & History

graft

"corruption," 1859 (as a verb), Amer.Eng., perhaps from graft (1) via Brit.

A grifter is a con artist: someone who swindles people out of money through fraud.

If there's one type of person you don't want to trust, it's a grifter: someone who cheats others out of money. Grifters are also known as chiselers, defrauders, gougers, scammers, swindlers, and flim-flam men. Selling a bridge and starting a Ponzi scheme are things a grifter might do. The difference between a grifter and a thief is a grifter tricks you out of money through lies, while the thief takes it by force. The end result is the same
Old 06-19-2012, 12:06 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 344 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by 96scarab
Funny..Here is an article he wrote..

http://www.mccookracing.com/articles...oidRipoffs.htm
WOW, he definately wrote that.... and lived by it as well. Read this part:

Fourth- Payment. This is a no-brainer. USPS money orders sent via USPS priority mail with delivery receipt. If you pay this way, you just got your own private, nationwide police force in the deal- the Postal Inspector's Service. Soliciting funds for goods and not delivering is fraud. Use the mail and it's POSTAL FRAUD. Fraud is a local thing and the police in Ludowici, Georgia are unlikely to get too interested in some local boy clipping a Yankee for a couple hundred bucks. Mail fraud is a Federal crime and these boys don't screw around. If you did the first steps and documented everything, paying by Postal MO and sending it confirmed delivery is handing it to these guys on a silver platter. Anyone who doesn't want to accept payment in this form KNOWS this is a sure-fire way to end up doing time. I had a fellow in Atlanta get funny on me a year or so ago. Lots of excuses for not sending the package, no response to calls or email. The last e-mail told him about the part where cashing those Postal MO's and refusing to send the item was a Federal crime and I was filing charges in 72 hours. Of course, I didn't hear from him so I did as I said I would. It's an easy form to fill out and you staple all the copies right to it. 2 weeks later, I received a Western Union wire of funds and an apology, asking that I let the Mail cops know he did what they asked. Here's the thing- I made it absolutely simple for the Postal Inspector boys. I had everything on paper- both his and mine. There was absolutely no question on this one and they could clear one quick and easy. I did the tough parts for them and handed it to them "on a silver platter".

Now, I know for a FACT that I have seen three instances where he used the USPS bullchit as a deterrent to keep people off of his back about payment. He would say that the company in question that he owed money to had received his check and had cashed it..... and he couldn't talk to them anymore because it had been reported to the USPS postal inspectors and they were conducting an investigation. In the first two instances, it was used as a stall tactic until he eventually came up with the money and made good on what he owed. The third is going on right now. These are just the ones that I know of. It's hard to imagine how many other times that was used. What a sicko, I sincerely hope that this man gets help.... He needs it.

Last edited by OldSchool; 06-19-2012 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:16 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by pasquesi
I just sent an email to the editor of this site, which Sunkin is a contributing editor of.

http://www.mccookracing.com/contactMR.htm

Hopefully we get his lying ass thrown out of there.

Good afternoon. It has been brought to my attention that one of your contributing editors, Mr. Chris Sunkin, has written an article about how not to be ripped off. Although full of good information, the credibility of this editor should definitely be examined. Doing a simple search, you'll find that Mr. Sunkin has been sued for a $70,000.00 fraud claim, amonst many others. On a boating site, Offshore Only, Mr. Sunkin was uncovered as a complete fraud. He made grandiose claims of expensive boats he owned, inground swimming pools at his home which don't exist, and worst of all, he attempted to steal money which was raised for a charity. I have no axe to grind, yet I thought maybe you should be made aware of who you are entrusting with the term "contributing editor".
That article is YEARS OLD. He already slinked away from there after selling non existent motorcycle parts to fellow members of that board. Too bad no one found that stuff years ago and brought it here BEFORE the con man started his game on OSO and then SOS.

Here is another nugget of his cut and paste, plagerize wisdom posted there

Submitted by Chris Sunkin

There are many factors to consider when selecting a fuel. Most of them would require a chemist experienced in hydrocarbon fuels to help you decipher In short, there are many ways to formulate a fuel through selection of base product to a whole catalog of additives and processes that enhance certain attributes The easiest way is to select the right fuel is to visit the VP fuels website No other fuel provider has focused more energy on the 2-stroke motorcycle community than VP They have some new, oxygenated fuels that really add performance.

Octane is just one measure of how a fuel will behave Too much octane without adequate compression will definitely hurt performance Octane is the fuel's resistance to combustion. Compression of the fuel/air mixture reduces a fuel's resistance to combustion and given enough pressure, the resultant heat will cause combustion on its own That's the principle behind a Diesel engine as well as the root cause of detonation Detonation is sometimes helped along by deposits in the combustion chamber Anyway, back to octane- if your octane rating is too high, your compressed fuel/air mixture is going to be harder to light via the spark plug That means that your effective ignition timing- that is, the point not where the spark hits but where the mixture ignites, will be retarded Simply advancing the ignition point in a fixed timing engine will compensate at high RPM but will kill the lower RPM power.

As far as changing fuel/air ratios with race gas- you'd probably see a minor change depending on the fuel you used It could go either way, richer or leaner, depending on the fuel It wouldn't be anywhere near as pronounced as if you went from 32:1 pre-mix to 40:1, maybe a couple percent.

In the end, there are only a few choices- make a compromise and use a fuel that's formulated for a high-efficiency 4-stroke that is required to meet your local emissions regulations (local pump gas) or use a fuel specifically formulated for your exact application (VP or other 2-stroke specific fuel. Home-brew fuel blends are likely to do more harm than good It's unlikely you'll get the best results through random experimentation.

Last edited by Airpacker; 06-19-2012 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OldSchool
WOW, he definately wrote that.... and lived by it as well. Read this part:

Fourth- Payment. This is a no-brainer. USPS money orders sent via USPS priority mail with delivery receipt. If you pay this way, you just got your own private, nationwide police force in the deal- the Postal Inspector's Service. Soliciting funds for goods and not delivering is fraud. Use the mail and it's POSTAL FRAUD. Fraud is a local thing and the police in Ludowici, Georgia are unlikely to get too interested in some local boy clipping a Yankee for a couple hundred bucks. Mail fraud is a Federal crime and these boys don't screw around. If you did the first steps and documented everything, paying by Postal MO and sending it confirmed delivery is handing it to these guys on a silver platter. Anyone who doesn't want to accept payment in this form KNOWS this is a sure-fire way to end up doing time. I had a fellow in Atlanta get funny on me a year or so ago. Lots of excuses for not sending the package, no response to calls or email. The last e-mail told him about the part where cashing those Postal MO's and refusing to send the item was a Federal crime and I was filing charges in 72 hours. Of course, I didn't hear from him so I did as I said I would. It's an easy form to fill out and you staple all the copies right to it. 2 weeks later, I received a Western Union wire of funds and an apology, asking that I let the Mail cops know he did what they asked. Here's the thing- I made it absolutely simple for the Postal Inspector boys. I had everything on paper- both his and mine. There was absolutely no question on this one and they could clear one quick and easy. I did the tough parts for them and handed it to them "on a silver platter".

Now, I know for a FACT that I have seen three instances where he used the USPS bullchit as a deterrent to keep people off of his back about payment. He would say that the company in question that he owed money to had received his check and had cashed it..... and he couldn't talk to them anymore because it had been reported to the USPS postal inspectors and they were conducting an investigation. In the first two instances, it was used as a stall tactic until he eventually came up with the money and made good on what he owed. The third is going on right now. These are just the ones that I know of. It's hard to imagine how many other times that was used. What a sicko, I sincerely hope that this man gets help.... He needs it.
help??the only place that will do this guy any help would be prison,hard time in a cell with a big black guy named otis that likes white boys.
Old 06-19-2012, 04:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Indy
He fooled many people.
not me... search any posts since 2003
Old 06-19-2012, 07:54 PM
Registered

Just spent an hour reading this. Never realized how deep it went...

As for the LDD thing, he's now up to $662,034 since Jan 2010 ($514,000 original) without a dollar seen to date. Anyone buy judgements on here??
Old 06-19-2012, 08:12 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by Young Performance
As much as I hate to say it, he had me fooled. I remember thinking how smart of a guy he seemed to be. He always had something to add, usually advice. It seemed like good,sound advice most of the time. It all seemed to good to be true, so when it all came out, it just seemed to make sense.
Wonder what he's doing now?
Don't feel bad Eddie, he had ALOT of us fooled, including me!! It really it seems to happen here again and again every so often , someone presents them selves as something they really aren't, it usually involves claims of expertise or wealth, they get a group of supporters/minions to agree with them to lend credibility and post praise on there threads, make outrageous claims and in the end alot of people end up feeling like fools!! I am more cautious these days with who I believe and who I distrust, Smitty
Old 06-19-2012, 08:36 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Downtown42
not me... search any posts since 2003
U couldn't fool your your pet frog into the fry'n pan!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.