Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Just buffed and put "permanone" on the boat, what a shine! >

Just buffed and put "permanone" on the boat, what a shine!

Notices

Just buffed and put "permanone" on the boat, what a shine!

Old 07-08-2010, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wanted to give it one more weekend, I got rained out most of last week except for the 4th. So far it's been doing well, soot seems to come off pretty easy without it being embedded where I have to use a compound to get the faded spots removed.

I did do the entire hull after the 4th and we'll see how it holds up. They sell a small bottle for $25.00, I would recommend that anyone wanting to try it go that route rather than purchasing the concentrate.

Very similar to Leverage as far as ease of use, just spray and wipe.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:34 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by bert4332
I wanted to give it one more weekend, I got rained out most of last week except for the 4th. So far it's been doing well, soot seems to come off pretty easy without it being embedded where I have to use a compound to get the faded spots removed.

I did do the entire hull after the 4th and we'll see how it holds up. They sell a small bottle for $25.00, I would recommend that anyone wanting to try it go that route rather than purchasing the concentrate.

Very similar to Leverage as far as ease of use, just spray and wipe.
Bert sounds like this stuff is good, just costs more.. How was the application usage...more per area. Thanks Jeff
Old 01-18-2011, 12:25 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well... how did it turn out?
Old 01-18-2011, 07:40 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Bert sounds like this stuff is good, just costs more.. How was the application usage...more per area. Thanks Jeff
Permaone needs to call steph and advertise on OSO
Old 01-18-2011, 08:07 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Save your money, just buy a cheap synthetic polymer sealant!

I'm a big fan of those waterless detailers for cleaning things up and a coat of good old cheap Nufinish. Synthetic sealants dont look quite as deep as some waxes, but they do out last them by a good margin.

I have a bunch of expensive waxes, but all I pretty much use anymore is the Nufinish since it's dirt cheap, it's quick and easy to use, lasts a loooong time, and looks good. I honestly see no reason to buy or even use the expensive stuff anymore.

Honestly, try it for yourself. do a spot with Nufinsh and then do another with the $100 stuff and look at it over a couple of months... I've dont this a couple of times and I'm super impressed with the bottle of Nufinish I bought at Walmart!
Old 01-18-2011, 08:36 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
I'm a big fan of those waterless detailers for cleaning things up and a coat of good old cheap Nufinish. Synthetic sealants dont look quite as deep as some waxes, but they do out last them by a good margin.

I have a bunch of expensive waxes, but all I pretty much use anymore is the Nufinish since it's dirt cheap, it's quick and easy to use, lasts a loooong time, and looks good. I honestly see no reason to buy or even use the expensive stuff anymore.

Honestly, try it for yourself. do a spot with Nufinsh and then do another with the $100 stuff and look at it over a couple of months... I've dont this a couple of times and I'm super impressed with the bottle of Nufinish I bought at Walmart!
I'm super impressed with the bottle of Nudefinish I bought at Walmart

butt you will need a boat to put it on , too bad they dont sell boats at Wa!mart!the coin your savin in wax you can slide right into Dans 35 motion ...

Last edited by RunninHotRacing163.1; 01-18-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 01-18-2011, 08:52 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 122 Likes on 77 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930

+1 for Nufinish. $5 at Walmart, easy to use, lasts and shines well.