Notices

Geico vs. SBI Resolved

Old 06-04-2010, 11:21 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,221 Posts
Default Geico vs. SBI Resolved

After yesterday's mediation meeting, http://www.boats.com/boat-content/20...ably%E2%80%9D/.

Good news for a Friday.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:35 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now all that's needed is for SBI/APBA, OSS and OPA to come together under one organization and UIM/P1 rules.
Old 06-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Does it help the sport when another scheme with big promises and no follow through goes unpunished? I suppose the next guy with a "big idea" can come along and put out another grand plan with no fear of consequences as has happened so many times in the past. Glad it's the sport of the "Rich and Famous"
Old 06-04-2010, 01:09 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Ted G
Does it help the sport when another scheme with big promises and no follow through goes unpunished? I suppose the next guy with a "big idea" can come along and put out another grand plan with no fear of consequences as has happened so many times in the past. Glad it's the sport of the "Rich and Famous"
Hey Ted,

Since no one other than the principals and their counsel know the terms of the resolution, we also don't know about "punishment" (i.e. reparations, terms, etc.) or the "consequences," as you put it. That they decided to keep the terms of the resolution confidential means, to me at least, found terms they both could live with.

Obviously, the people at Geico were upset enough to file a lawsuit against SBI. And having spoken twice now to their attorney, I have no reason to believe they were not serious about it. But somehow both parties managed to resolve it "amicably."

To me, yes, that's a victory.
Old 06-04-2010, 01:21 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Strictly in your terms Matt, yes it is a victory that more dirty laundry of offshore powerboat racing has not been aired out in public. But it just seems that every time something good appears it is either completely false or at least not as advertised. If as much time were spent by everyone involved trying to make a better, more marketable product as propping up smoke and mirrors, we would be much further along in the general scheme of things. Obviously I am much more attuned to smoke and mirrors as of late
Old 06-04-2010, 01:49 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Originally Posted by Ted G
Strictly in your terms Matt, yes it is a victory that more dirty laundry of offshore powerboat racing has not been aired out in public. But it just seems that every time something good appears it is either completely false or at least not as advertised. If as much time were spent by everyone involved trying to make a better, more marketable product as propping up smoke and mirrors, we would be much further along in the general scheme of things. Obviously I am much more attuned to smoke and mirrors as of late
I absolutely hear what you're saying and, taking a bigger picture view, I do find the endless "over-promise, under-deliver" aspect of offshore racing exhausting and—at times—discouraging. I guess I do try to stay optimistic.

What the hell. It's Friday.
Old 06-04-2010, 02:02 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Have a great weekend my friend! Think I may just go boating LOL!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Catmando
Now all that's needed is for SBI/APBA, OSS and OPA to come together under one organization and UIM/P1 rules.
I am lurking around the forums again...I see nothing has changed in the last 6 years with offshore racing.

Catman...hows everything going????
Old 06-04-2010, 09:31 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Cool

LOL!! Fever Mike!!!
Old 06-04-2010, 09:33 PM
LOOK AT THE LEAD NOW!!!!!
Platinum Member

Thumbs up

After being around for so many years as a spectator and a racer/team member. OPA and Geico have the best game in town going by far here in the USA. Not since the LLC have I seen such GREAT racing!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.