n michigan fun run july 13

Old 04-28-2002, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default n michigan fun run july 13

3rd Annual Northern Michigan
POKER / FUN RUN 2002
JULY 13

This is not an organized event or poker run. We are doing this for fun with both new and old friends traveling as one large, loud and fast group. The last two years there have been eight boats of us with fun had by all, this year we are at 10 right now and it sounds like we are going to add to that number. Remember you are all responsible for your own safety, course, and ability to follow all Coast Guard regulations. We are a group of friends spending the day on the lake together and as we all know **** can and will happen out there, so use good judgement and be safe. One card will be picked up at five locations: Bay Harbor, Beaver Island, Mackinac Island, Cheboygan and Grandview Beach on Mullett Lake, just like the past two years we will not be stopping and tying up at any of the locations. The exception will be Cheboygan for gas if needed, ha. Cards will be dealt when the last boat arrives in the harbor. The chase will resume immediately after the deal. The course may be modified for inclement weather, like it was two years ago. Hopefully it will be sunny and flat like it was last year and not so rough that we are passed by any yachts. Please also remember the deck of a boat is very slippery when you spill whip cream on it, so please be sure to lick it all off for safety.

Departure from the Bay Harbor Marina will be 9:00 am sharp!

Departure from Mullett Lake on Sunday will be no later than noon, all boats left past noon will have their plugs removed and sunk. Lets try and refrain from the naked dancing once we arrive at our destination as well.

Dinner and beer will be provided at Mullett Lake, looks like prime rib again, it?s easy. Most will be staying the night in boats, tents etc.

Entry fee is $ 50 per boat (includes dinner for two, and one shirt). If you don?t want a shirt or dinner you do the math.

Poker hands will be $ 20 per hand (enter as many times as you want).

Dinner / Beer for extra passengers $ 15.

Shirts $ 20.

Best hand prize will be what ever is in the pot, last years $500 first place prize was nice. We really need a firm count by June 15 to come up with the shopping list, and get the shirts done in time with names. Let me know if you have any ideas about party favors other than shirts this year.

CAPTAINS PLEASE BOAT RESPONSIBLY. There will be plenty of time to party at the end of the run.

REGISTRATION

Boat name _________________________
Captain ____________________________
Number Passengers ________
Hats ____ Poker Hands ______
Dinners ______
Checks or cash to D. Scott Eaton * 901 Sunset Ct. Petoskey, MI 49770 *
* 231-347-7408 * e-mail * [email protected] *

DEADLINE JUNE 15
Old 04-29-2002, 08:50 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like a blast!!!!!I'm going to try and make it work......
Old 04-29-2002, 10:33 AM
Registered

it is a good time, just let me know. we should be able to arrange a place to keep trailers, trucks ect.

scott
Old 04-29-2002, 11:01 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

I'm going to have to work friday and monday so I'll have to run up after work on friday night......I might have my Mom and Dad ride along get them a room at Bay Harbor and then they can watch my daughter while we run saturday... then have them run my truck and trailer around to Mack city or can you tell me a good ramp in Mullet Lake? get them a room around there saturday night(suggestions?) and run back home sunday night (trailer).
Don
Old 04-29-2002, 11:29 AM
Charter Member #655
Charter Member

yzbert where the heck is Grandview beach????I got a map off the internet but dont see that beach.....looking for ramps and a place for my Mom and Dad to stay....
Old 04-30-2002, 01:12 PM
Registered

dyno, grandview beach is in the southwest corner of the lake. best ramp to pull out would be cheboygan. there is also one in indian river, not the greatest but i do pull out my 32 fountain there. I would put in in petoskey or I can prob. get you in at bay harbor.

scott

sorry about the slow response's but i have 2 sick kids, sick wife and a mother in law that just had heart surg. its nuts around here..
Old 06-24-2002, 11:02 PM
Registered

let me know if anyone else is coming,
looks like 10 boats at this point