Notices

Advise on a 32 DW cat pls

Old 07-28-2010, 01:54 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advise on a 32 DW cat pls

Hi Guys,

I been reading today on the DW threads about the new bottom on the new DW cat , and all the good comments about the DW in generall plus lots of other data bout them etc etc ,and more to read ,

I have a couple questions pls .

I bought last year a DW which is now about 9 years old not really sure, this boat races in Dubai on Xcats, it used to be boat number 14, called ( King Fisher)

Now after reading about the new DW and all the diff setups etc , my racing partner and maself now race this boat in Xcats but have no experiance on tunnel boats as its the first time we been in a tunnel boat on April in Dubai and its all new to us and have to learn lots yet as we go .

Question is i dont know if any of u guys know this boat but the 2 fuel tanks are just aside of were the crew sits in the cockpit on the centre ,maybe they are on the COG of Hull, i wonder why they have never been moved to the rear were we all want it for EXTRA speed, and i dont really wana shift them unless proper advised, as its not as simple as changing props if u get it wrong ,though we only owe 1 set . I was thinking of just leaving the original tanks in as they are moulded as 1 in the boat and just fit ATL, but back of ma mind on these last 9 yrs the boat has had 2 ex previous owners highly experianced ,and i wonder why they aint moved the tanks to the rear as they must be a reason on balance or something else .this boat actualt runs flatish .

Hope to hear from u guys about the above ,much appreciated .

kind regards,
Cooolaii
Old 07-28-2010, 02:19 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

contact Sean H here on the board he is the walking authority on DW's.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/members/sean-h.html
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 07-28-2010, 06:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by glassdave
contact Sean H here on the board he is the walking authority on DW's.

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/members/sean-h.html
Hi I cant get into that link to contact Sean H, as it says i aint aloud, any other way pls ?

fanx Cooolaii
Old 07-28-2010, 07:08 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am no boat builder, but if you see that your boat is running flat, what would make you think moving them back would help? By the way, mine are just outboard of the seating area of the cockpit under the deck too. And, there is plenty of room to put them in the same location but further aft. If they should have been put there, the builders would have..
Old 07-28-2010, 07:33 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question is i dont know if any of u guys know this boat but the 2 fuel tanks are just aside of were the crew sits in the cockpit on the centre ,maybe they are on the COG of Hull, i wonder why they have never been moved to the rear were we all want it for EXTRA speed, and i dont really wana shift them unless proper advised, as its not as simple as changing props if u get it wrong ,though we only owe 1 set . I was thinking of just leaving the original tanks in as they are moulded as 1 in the boat and just fit ATL, but back of ma mind on these last 9 yrs the boat has had 2 ex previous owners highly experianced ,and i wonder why they aint moved the tanks to the rear as they must be a reason on balance or something else .this boat actualt runs flatish .

Doug Wright knows his boats better than anyone. I'm sure he put the tanks where they are after much on-water testing. Your boat runs flat because it runs best at that attitude.

I'm sure Sean H will chime in here and chastise me if I'm wrong.
Old 07-28-2010, 07:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Mine are on the CG ,prefer that to running on my head.
Old 07-29-2010, 07:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando

Doug Wright knows his boats better than anyone. I'm sure he put the tanks where they are after much on-water testing. Your boat runs flat because it runs best at that attitude.

I'm sure Sean H will chime in here and chastise me if I'm wrong.
Yes i thought the same too if they have been placed there it must be for a reason , After all GB used to own this boat a few years ago till he sold it and left for Dubai in 2005 i think this boat was built in 2001 , so i guess GB would have moved them back too but he didn`t ,so that`s pritty convincing not to move them , but i wonder why ?,i would like to know the exact reason for it , atleast i will know if worth moving or not .

Many fanx guys
Cooolaii
Old 07-29-2010, 07:09 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by X-Rated30
I am no boat builder, but if you see that your boat is running flat, what would make you think moving them back would help? By the way, mine are just outboard of the seating area of the cockpit under the deck too. And, there is plenty of room to put them in the same location but further aft. If they should have been put there, the builders would have..
Hi ,yes boat runs flatish but i guess its all has to do with that particuler boat built ,cool ,so thats what i wana know if going back will give extra mph without compromising balance a whole lot .

fanx cooolaii
Old 07-29-2010, 10:12 AM
Registered

coool, whats your objective with the boat?

you can email me at

[email protected]

i got some experience with the 32 and fill you in on changes i've made and how it's helped.
Old 07-29-2010, 11:01 AM
Registered

Comment:

I do not know what your intentions are but my first step would be to talk to Doug first and foremost.

Overall, every boat has a slightly different CG and it seems no two are alike---as the 32DW model is evolving i.e... constantly being refined to be a better boat.

Hence, my initial statement to talk to Doug and find out if you should even touch it or leave it alone.

My .02 cents.

KAP

P.S. FYI---To access a link contained in a post you need to be a paid member to this site otherwise access will be denied.

Last edited by kap328; 07-29-2010 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Added PS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.