Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Recommendations on a Single Center Console? >

Recommendations on a Single Center Console?

Notices

Recommendations on a Single Center Console?

Old 06-07-2010, 10:06 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recommendations on a Single Center Console?

I am looking for a used single engine center console. Would like one in the range of 25-30'. Want one in very good shape for use on inland lake. I have been looking at Boston Whalers, Fountains. Any other boats that stand out? Don't want any salt issues. Thanks.
Old 06-07-2010, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

everglades and jupiter make great cc's, worth taking a look at
Old 06-07-2010, 11:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I took a ride in a 27 Concept a couple of years ago, it was a very impressive boat, felt much larger than 27'.
Old 06-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I drove quite a few center consoles this winter in Key Largo. It really depends on your budget. I was not at all a fan of the Concept after driving a Sailfish, Mako, Robalo, Sea Vee, Deep Impact, and a Renegade. My personal opinion...For the money, the Renegade was the best and is the preferred boat of smugglers, today. It was a fun boat to drive.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:32 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Check out The 24 Spectre !!!
Attached Thumbnails Recommendations on a Single Center Console?-red24.jpg   Recommendations on a Single Center Console?-red24-1.jpg   Recommendations on a Single Center Console?-redspectre6.jpg  

Old 06-08-2010, 10:58 AM
Registered

24 spectre my brother owns one and its a great boat. He has a 250xs and the boat run's 70.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:26 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As you look at some of the more fishing oriented brands, I think you're going to find that twins are much more common in a center console that size.

At least in this area, guys buying a fishing cc over 25' are typically taking them offhsore...and they don't want a single engine.

The first boat that came to my mind was the 27' Concept mentioned above.

I came very close to buying one about 2 years back. The deal breaker for me was that it wasn't self-bailing. My cc stays in the water all summer with only a console cover, so self-bailing is a must have.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Registered

Appreciate the different opinions. Don't see too many cc in the area that I boat, so the feedback and suggestions are great! I am looking for a cc that can handle fairly rough conditions. I know that is asking a lot for a boat that doesn't weigh much and in that length category.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:23 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rebel_Heart
Appreciate the different opinions. Don't see too many cc in the area that I boat, so the feedback and suggestions are great! I am looking for a cc that can handle fairly rough conditions. I know that is asking a lot for a boat that doesn't weigh much and in that length category.
I have taken a 20 proline through waves that I should not have been in, lake erie 4-6's running the trough, we got WET, the boat took them well with no pounding, it is not a fast cc by any means, but it is a self bailer and handles big seas(for its size)
Old 06-10-2010, 06:36 AM
Sun, sand and sea!
Gold Member

We have a 23 Regulator with a single. It is plenty of boat for us. Just don't get a Yamaha Saltwater Series on it, we are finding out they have some issues.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.