Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West? >

What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?

Notices

What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?

Old 06-20-2010, 12:59 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by richanton
Just out of curiousity, why do you want an Aronow 39 cat?
I can't really answer that. I saw one as a kid at Fort Apache and kind of fell in love with them. I know they are pig-dogs but I like the big wide platform they provide. I think it will be a great set-up for chilling on the lake or taking it anywhere we want to go. My goal is to set one up like the "none of your business" cat, diesels and arneson 8-10's. I don't want to do 100mph so it is a good fit for me. Other than that, I think it is just one of those things that you have to get out of your system.
Old 06-21-2010, 01:27 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They are the best party boat. 10 people in the cockpit is no problem. Giant bed in the cabin. If speed isn't an issue and/or where you boat gets rough, this is an excellent choice. It may be slow but, it sure is a comfortable ride.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

The last time I saw that boat it was being used as a para sailing boat in Key West at some Jet Ski rental place.
Old 06-21-2010, 09:51 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is one on the Hudson River up here in NY. Dont know details of condition but it is a running boat. Owner has been looking at different (smaller) cats so he may be interested in selling. Next time I see him at the marina I will get more info for you.
Old 06-21-2010, 10:36 AM
Registered

Received 566 Likes on 234 Posts

Its sitting on a lift over at the Hogfish bar On Stock Island.Its painted all blue with Blue Thunder painted on the side. Dave who owns Tonto in Bonita Springs father is the new owner of it.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:01 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Tantrum
There is one on the Hudson River up here in NY. Dont know details of condition but it is a running boat. Owner has been looking at different (smaller) cats so he may be interested in selling. Next time I see him at the marina I will get more info for you.
Please let me know and thanks for the input.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:46 PM
Registered

I have no experience with the Aronow cats, I only know what I have read about them in books like "Speed Kills".

Have you looked at Ocean Express Cats, same principle and there seem to be more around. There is what seems to be a pretty nice 48 for sale close to me with big power and Arnesens.

I can put you in touch if you want to learn more about it.
Old 06-21-2010, 08:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.custommarinesales.com/cla...?page=out&id=5

http://www.yachtauthority.com/power_...Boats-6433.php
Old 06-21-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

[QUOTE=tomtbone1993;3141708]http://www.custommarinesales.com/cla...?page=out&id=5

Here is what the one from custommarinesales looks like now. The new owner got it done just in time for the Leopa Spring run this weekend.
Attached Thumbnails What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?-dsc01421.jpg  
Old 06-21-2010, 09:12 PM
Social Distortion
Gold Member

[QUOTE=wnelles;3141730]
Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
http://www.custommarinesales.com/cla...?page=out&id=5

Here is what the one from custommarinesales looks like now. The new owner got it done just in time for the Leopa Spring run this weekend.
Wow! that thing looks great. Got any more pics of it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.