Like Tree0Likes

What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?

Reply
Old 06-25-2010, 04:04 PM
  #31
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member
 
Wobble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Posts: 6,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstultz View Post
I'd be very interested to know what you find out. Where is it located? Keep me informed. Thanks.
Got a little more info today from a guy that lives close.

It's a 39 painted midnight blue with a white deck says Aronow on the side, hull appears to be in good condition from outside, motors and drives removed.

I am going to drive there next week, time permitting and try to locate owner of lot and get HIN and pics if he is agreeable.
Wobble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 04:15 PM
  #32
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member
 
Wobble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Posts: 6,709
Default

Found this picture and just thought I'd post it

from http://forums.military.com/eve/forum.../8780026431001

"Here's the last "Blue Thunder" 39' Aronow Cat at Clearwater Marina. They were called Blue Thunder because they all use to be dark blue and were so freakin loud. Very stable for boardings though.

Anyone know "Cookie" (fueling the boat)? He's been there in Clearwater since 1990 and was an MK in the USCG prior to USCS/CBP."
Attached Thumbnails
What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?-39aronowcat.jpg   What happened to the "None of your business" Aronow cat that used to be in Key West?-39-bluethunder-2.jpg  

Last edited by Wobble; 06-25-2010 at 04:29 PM.
Wobble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 06:40 PM
  #33
Social Distortion
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
wstultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lake Conroe,Texas
My Boats: 33 Sutphen, 26 Sutphen, TOPPS Lake Conroe
Posts: 5,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
Got a little more info today from a guy that lives close.

It's a 39 painted midnight blue with a white deck says Aronow on the side, hull appears to be in good condition from outside, motors and drives removed.

I am going to drive there next week, time permitting and try to locate owner of lot and get HIN and pics if he is agreeable.
Man, that sounds exactly like what I'm looking for, colors and everything. Let me know whatever info you find out. If you decide to pass I would definitely be interested. i would prefer to buy it without power and drives. Thanks.
wstultz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:15 PM
  #34
Registered
 
damdonzi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Kittery Point Maine
My Boats: Intrepid ~ Boston Whaler ~ Kayaks ~ Windsurfers ~ Assorted Tub Toys
Posts: 1,881
Default

You might want to try this person. He had one for sale without power. Unsure if he still has it. It was a Kevlar boat.

Todd Wondrow
Revolution Marine Inc.
[email protected]
www.revolutionmarine.com
damdonzi is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 11:49 AM
  #35
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member
 
Wobble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: 2950'49.74"N 95 5'17.55"W.......TEXAS
My Boats: SeaDoo RXP & RXP-X, Stryker Equalizer 28, Eliminator Daytona Jet
Posts: 6,709
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wstultz View Post
Man, that sounds exactly like what I'm looking for, colors and everything. Let me know whatever info you find out. If you decide to pass I would definitely be interested. i would prefer to buy it without power and drives. Thanks.
I am not in the market for a cat, I am playing with the idea of getting a 35 or 36 cig, so there is some connection

Just interested in saving another piece of offshore history by getting the info out there.
Wobble is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:02 PM
  #36
Social Distortion
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
wstultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lake Conroe,Texas
My Boats: 33 Sutphen, 26 Sutphen, TOPPS Lake Conroe
Posts: 5,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wobble View Post
I am not in the market for a cat, I am playing with the idea of getting a 35 or 36 cig, so there is some connection

Just interested in saving another piece of offshore history by getting the info out there.
I've saved two Sutphens already. Unfortunately for me I love redoing these old machines, I think it's a disease. I'm ready to move up to something a little bigger and have always had a thing for these big pigs. Let me know what you find out. Thanks boss.
wstultz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 07:04 PM
  #37
Social Distortion
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
wstultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lake Conroe,Texas
My Boats: 33 Sutphen, 26 Sutphen, TOPPS Lake Conroe
Posts: 5,723
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by damdonzi View Post
You might want to try this person. He had one for sale without power. Unsure if he still has it. It was a Kevlar boat.

Todd Wondrow
Revolution Marine Inc.
[email protected]
www.revolutionmarine.com
That was the one with no cabin and he had a wind faring mocked up and ready to glass wasn't it? That one didn't really do it for me. It looked great but there is no point in having one of these things without a cabin since you are never going to go fast you don't really need the weight savings. Thanks for bringing it up though. It would make this thread great if we could track them all down.
wstultz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:00 PM
  #38
Social Distortion
Gold Member
Thread Starter
 
wstultz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Lake Conroe,Texas
My Boats: 33 Sutphen, 26 Sutphen, TOPPS Lake Conroe
Posts: 5,723
Default

TTT! anyone else know of any?
wstultz is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:52 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.