Just Bought a 1978 Cary 50 >

Just Bought a 1978 Cary 50

Notices

Just Bought a 1978 Cary 50

Old 08-19-2011, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just Bought a 1978 Cary 50

May have bitten off more than I can chew, but anyone know where I can find some upgrade parts (boxes,seats,etc.) or just general accessories? Thanks in advance
Old 08-19-2011, 09:24 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats. Need pics
Old 08-20-2011, 05:34 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

I have a friend with a Cary 50, but it is a sedan with a flying bridge with diesels

What model did you buy?
Old 08-20-2011, 08:20 PM
Registered

It's a 50 express.....I think.....Ha. I have 0 experience with these types of boats. I bought it from a very long time friend of my grandfathers (deceased) and he was getting rid of all his toys. He rigged it with twin Detroit 60 series diesels with custom oil coolers and a bunch of other stuff I know little about. The boat once belonged to Red Adair and "Miss" Jesse Williams (real life best little whore house in Texas lady). With all that said it's a '78 and me being 36 years old would like to do a little updating to it. Overall nice boat though. Will try to post some pics if possible.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:15 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 784 Likes on 363 Posts

Originally Posted by jas75
It's a 50 express.....I think.....Ha. I have 0 experience with these types of boats. I bought it from a very long time friend of my grandfathers (deceased) and he was getting rid of all his toys. He rigged it with twin Detroit 60 series diesels with custom oil coolers and a bunch of other stuff I know little about. The boat once belonged to Red Adair and "Miss" Jesse Williams (real life best little whore house in Texas lady). With all that said it's a '78 and me being 36 years old would like to do a little updating to it. Overall nice boat though. Will try to post some pics if possible.
I did find this about Red Adair-he owned a 60 foot boat and:
People often identified Red with speed. He drove a red MG convertible that was the fastest thing on wheels. Red also had a 50-foot Scarab speedboat with three 420-cubic inch engines.
Old 08-21-2011, 01:53 AM
Registered

May have bitten off more than I can chew, but anyone know where I can find some upgrade parts (boxes,seats,etc.) or just general accessories? Thanks in advance
CONGRATS !!!

Post some pic's and ask what your looking for on the correct forum, you will get help.
I seriously doubt you bit off more than you could chew but if you really feel you did then this is the place to move it.
Welcome aboard.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 08-21-2011, 03:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
People often identified Red with speed. He drove a red MG convertible that was the fastest thing on wheels. Red also had a 50-foot Scarab speedboat with three 420-cubic inch engines.
He also had a red Rolls Royce at one time, I saw it at Post Oak Motors one time and it stuck out just a little
Old 08-21-2011, 08:45 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by articfriends
Not that it matters but I have the title history on the boat. When I get back to the office I'll let you know wat he had it registered under. I do know for a fact that getting this thing transported has been a pain in the ass so far. Leaving in the morning to head back to Texas to remove wheels, enclosures, etc. What forum sould I be posting this under? Thanks in advance.
Old 08-21-2011, 10:19 AM
Registered

Not that it matters but I have the title history on the boat. When I get back to the office I'll let you know wat he had it registered under. I do know for a fact that getting this thing transported has been a pain in the ass so far. Leaving in the morning to head back to Texas to remove wheels, enclosures, etc. What forum sould I be posting this under? Thanks in advance.
I'd say general discussion is the proper forum.
I know the headache of a long distance purchase.
I contracted a purchase in January and wasn't able to get my surveys/seatrial until mid May due to the long winter they had.
Getting the boat from New Hampshire to Texas was the easiest part of my transaction thanks to OSO member Pat at OSP tranport. If your looking for a good service and he's local at the moment you can't go wrong utilizing his service. He's based up in Maryland but hauls boats all over the northeast and southeast. He quoted me right to the minute when he'd be at our marina over 2000 miles away 2 days prior when he picked up the boat. WOW !!!

Post some pic's, we'd love to see this boat.

See ya,
Kelly
Old 08-21-2011, 01:33 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is pretty cool keep us posted!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.