Who didn't see this coming........... >

Who didn't see this coming...........

Notices

Who didn't see this coming...........

Old 06-11-2010, 11:27 AM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just because it was "legal" for her do it and she is ecperienced doesnt mean she has the maturity to handle a worst-case scenario
Old 06-11-2010, 12:45 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by DollaBill
Just because it was "legal" for her do it and she is ecperienced doesnt mean she has the maturity to handle a worst-case scenario
apparently she does...she is still alive.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

I love it. Many go through life sitting behind a desk wishing they had done more as they get on. Most never have a chance to take risks as they get older because we get locked in with societal and adult responsibilities; kids, mortgages, taxes, careers (for the lucky, jobs for the majority), and other responsibilities that suck the life out of us. Go for it while you're young, your chances to do such things as you get older diminish.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:53 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
apparently she does...she is still alive.
she got lucky
Old 06-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Glad they found here. I'll bet she will try again.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:05 PM
Registered

Received 282 Likes on 170 Posts

Were would be today if it not for people taking great risk and rising above all challanges? Would Christopher Columbus of ever discovered America? Would Don Aronow ever of created a catamaran (I know he wasn't the first). Would turbines of ever made their way into a boat?

I balk at the notion of a totalatarian society whereby others dictate the lives and risk of others. Whereby greatness and prosperity is not earned or created, but rather dictated by political elites. Where a society does not have great men or woman, but rather sheeple or slaves that only do what we say thay can do.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by T2x
AT 16 I was racing boats and going 30 miles offshore on shark hunts in a 15 foot Owens runabout.

Stop trying to legislate life.....that's what gave us today's politicians and Mothers against Drunk Drivers (which somehow managed to get involved with the trucking safety legislation that is going to cost all of you a fortune).

I am so sick of watching America become suckers for anything that mentions "The Children".

This kids got more b*lls than most of us and safety systems that apparently worked.

Deal with it.

We would be better served in developing ways to keep supersized (adult) egos alive in over powered Offshore boats IMHO.

T2x
Old 06-11-2010, 01:24 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,731 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Agreed. And should be brought up on child endangerment charges for letting their kids take part in this stupidity. Let me guess, dads a big sailing fan. Push your agenda onto your kids much? Pathetic. Nice to risk the lives of your kids to go after some lame record.

Jupiter, you brought up the fact she can drive a car at 16...Sure, but I wouldn't let my 16 year old daughter drive across the country alone, let alone sail across the globe alone.

Simple fact: By letting her attempt this you are deliberately putting her in the line of very real and very extremely dangerous conditions. Would anyone in their right mind want that for their kids?
Don't know if any of you guys saw the related story link, but there's some 13-year-old kid on Everest. His dad said he has "twice the experence" of most of the other people on the mountain. I'm sure the kid is one hell of a climber. I'm sure his dad is one hell of an idiot.

This is "Little League Parent Syndrome" taken to the extreme. My god, it scares the crap out of me that my 16-year-old is driving.

Glad to hear Abbey is OK, though.
Old 06-11-2010, 01:46 PM
T2x
Allergic to Nonsense
Platinum Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman_grafix
What trucking safety legislation?

Sorry for the high jack.
CSA 2010...... a cute little agenda that is making both truck drivers and trucking companies jump through new and ever narrower hoops..... coming to an Interstate Highway near you in November..... (unless postponed by the sheer volume of its mandates).
Old 06-11-2010, 02:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by DollaBill
she got lucky
Any one who survived, be it 16 or 60, man or women, got lucky.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.