Showing off for the Helicopter...

Notices

Old 06-12-2010, 12:44 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xconn92
Was wondering when you were going to post this vid! The best part was the crowd's reaction at the dinner banquet that night when they showed this clip. Over...and over...and over.
Yea... My 2 minutes of fame...
Old 06-12-2010, 06:09 PM
Registered

Received 482 Likes on 162 Posts

Good lookin' boat ya got there
Old 06-12-2010, 08:04 PM
Registered

Received 2,969 Likes on 981 Posts

Originally Posted by maxonmike
The Gulf was a washing Machine that day... Waves from every direction... I did not see it coming... The boat is VERY tab Sensitive and maybe I had just a touch too much... Jas... Do you think some additional positive trim would have helped??? I NEVER run the boat with Negative Trim... Dead Level would be the most I would ever go....
Just so we're clear, I wasn't knocking you Mike. No driver error at all in my opinion. You just hit the swell just right. You can see it in the initial launch it "flips" your transom up a bit.

SICK AIR TIME!!
Old 06-12-2010, 08:47 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Do you think some additional positive trim would have helped??? I NEVER run the boat with Negative Trim... Dead Level would be the most I would ever go....
Shoulda coulda woulda, looked fine to me. Boat was flying level and perfect before the rouge wave. I'd rather land like that than have been heading for the sky, trip, stuff and barrel roll.. I think it ws a much saffer way to run the boat that way than the reverse!

More neutral trim may have helped but who knows, I'd have to be driving it to really feel it.. it may have just been one of those waves... But if you were over trimmed it could have been a scary moment.

Great video by the way!

Last edited by Panther; 06-12-2010 at 08:49 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 09:17 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Just so we're clear, I wasn't knocking you Mike. No driver error at all in my opinion. You just hit the swell just right. You can see it in the initial launch it "flips" your transom up a bit.

SICK AIR TIME!!
Tank, Noooo I did not take it that way at all... I would like to learn from this and constructive feed back is welcome and appreciated... To be honest it did not scare me but it did kinda shake up my passengers... Especially the one that flew out of her seat... I was really glad she was not banged up...
Old 06-12-2010, 09:38 PM
Registered

Received 2,969 Likes on 981 Posts

Tank, Noooo I did not take it that way at all... I would like to learn from this and constructive feed back is welcome and appreciated... To be honest it did not scare me but it did kinda shake up my passengers... Especially the one that flew out of her seat... I was really glad she was not banged up...
hahah, I saw that! Looked like it was a little sketchy for her. People can get weird when you start catching some air. Something that feels like nothing at all to us will wig others out. Of course it is a totally different experience as a passenger even for an experienced boater. I was running the Gun out in the Pacific a couple years back. BIG water! Chet Huffman was standing in between the bolsters. We hit a hole and he droped hard to the floor like a rock. Chet's got a 43 Nor-Tech and has had several Cigs and other performance boats...Very experienced boater. Just a different adventure when you're not in control.

Boat looks awesome either way. Hope you can make a killer still out of that video to hang on the wall!

Last edited by thisistank; 06-12-2010 at 09:43 PM.
Old 06-12-2010, 11:23 PM
Registered

During a Poker Run there was a chick on a 46 Cig that was running @ about 100. She freaked out and was trying to jump off....the vid reminds me of that. BTW, Nice Air!
Old 06-13-2010, 02:31 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yea... My 2 minutes of fame...
Wasn't even two minutes lol.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:44 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by thisistank

SICK AIR TIME!!
He's lucky he didn't stuff it. That would have been catastrophic.

Mike I've seen those loop restraints on Skaters that are mounted on each side of the seat. I think they would build confidence in your passengers when they can hold on to them and keep themselves in the bolsters during "flight" lol.

Do you have life jackets for all your passengers? I couldn't tell from the vid.
Old 06-13-2010, 05:41 AM
Pit
Registered

Cool

We did that a few years ago at NYC run in Lets Rock. It was very rough chopper was low and on us when caught a nice one and straight up about 3 feet from hitting the chopper. You could see the camera men jump back as we came towards them.

We never got to see the video though...

Your Boat looks Great in Flight... Looks like you were having a blast.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.