Help! Issue with Mcleod Design in MI!! >

Help! Issue with Mcleod Design in MI!!

Notices

Help! Issue with Mcleod Design in MI!!

Old 05-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help! Issue with Mcleod Design in MI!!

Has anyone been dealing with Mcleod Design in MI as of late? Any issues here? I ordered and paid in full for new "skins" for my bolsters and haven't heard anything in weeks. Now Stephanie McLeod (my contact) won't respond to any of my vmails or emails and the main number says the vmail box is full? Been like this for sometime. These were supposed to be shipped weeks ago!

I'm not crying foul yet but I am close here. Starting to get the feeling that I'm being taken...

Anyone close that can stop by maybe? Or know someone there that can get some answers??

Last edited by cullen_11; 05-14-2010 at 03:27 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

p.m. brian 41
Old 05-14-2010, 12:20 PM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I had a thread that got poofedkeep calling.

She shouldn't of charged the card until ready to ship,She keeps credit card info.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:40 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TWIN-SPINS
p.m. brian 41
DONT PM me about Mcleod.... you wont like what I have to say. 30 year relationship gone with 1 bad deal.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:52 PM
Registered

My understanding is that they are having serious problems.
They have a bad rep for taking your money and not supplying the product or adding huge additional cost to finish the product. This is just what I have heard.

I am only speeking from freinds that have had work done buy them.
I have not and would not have them do work for me because the rep they have.

I was out one day and and was talking to Mike Mcleod and his wife or what I assumed to be his wife and he was telling me about the work he does.
He asked me what kind of boat I had, I told him that I had a Cigarette. He laughed and said that you have a bargin interior.
I laughed and walked away.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:11 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Well this is fantastic, I just assumed with the name I wouldn't have any issues, silly me. I don't want to get into too much yet because I'm still holding out hope but there seems to be a pattern here. She quoted me a price, then when it came time to pay she wanted $400 more, but re-adjusted when I questioned it, said they just had a price increase and would honor the old price. They were $900 and wanted to charge $1300, thats a hell of a price increase!!

Anyone else know how to get a hold of someone there??
Old 05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 15 Posts

I hate to read things like this. McLeod Design was one of the premier Companies in the boating interior business. The economy has hit many and the boating industry took a knock out punch. What really bothers me is why would they take advantage of customers who have paid them for a job. If they had any compassion for those who have supported them, they should of worked day and night for nothing if they had to just to make sure that those who had signed a contract to did business with them, walked away extremely happy. Isn't that the right thing to do, to take care of each and every customer who has already paid you and not received the work promised. Your customers didn't screw you, so why would you screw them. Like I said, if I had to work day and night with no pay for labor to fulfill their contract, I would. Sorry to hear about this Cullen 11 and I hope that things work out.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:24 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cullen_11
Well this is fantastic, I just assumed with the name I wouldn't have any issues, silly me. I don't want to get into too much yet because I'm still holding out hope but there seems to be a pattern here. She quoted me a price, then when it came time to pay she wanted $400 more, but re-adjusted when I questioned it, said they just had a price increase and would honor the old price. They were $900 and wanted to charge $1300, thats a hell of a price increase!!

Anyone else know how to get a hold of someone there??
If you paid by CC, dispute the charge. I bet their phones and e-mail will start working after they get the charge-back.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:27 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm checking on that. Like I said I don't want to have to cry foul, I don't want to damage a business if they do what they say they are going to do, but certainly looks as if this is turning downhill...
Old 05-14-2010, 03:33 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cullen_11
I'm checking on that. Like I said I don't want to have to cry foul, I don't want to damage a business if they do what they say they are going to do, but certainly looks as if this is turning downhill...
You already have all the warning signs of a bad deal. If they make the interiors, have them ship them COD.

If you have some spare time search the forums on this or any vendor you may be considering.

Always pay by CC. It has saved more than one member from getting a major screwing.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.