Whats with all the Bashing???

Old 06-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jc Well Said We Need To Work Together And Help Each Other Out No Matter What
Old 06-13-2010, 11:47 AM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

I may be the exception here, but I find some of these threads informative. I recently found my race engine siezed after paying a highly respected performance shop to winterize it. I haven't "bashed" them on line-but I wished I had read threads from others before going to this shop. How a shop/builder handles a problem can make all the difference. If a builder/shop handles the problem fairly, this should be posted also.
Old 06-13-2010, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by PSlonaker
especially from some crybaby.
That's a crybaby with 40K ready and willing to spend!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:08 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JCPERF
I dont post on here much or have alot of free time to spend on here.It seems lately that there is alot of bashing on here.This kind of stuff will and is driving the professional Marine industry off the site!!!I looked this week and it was Outerlimits,Shogren,and Ron Bender.This really has to stop!!
Agreed, and I would take it one step further. With so many people doing online research, I submit this is also hurting the marine industry in general and giving ALL boaters a black eye to the general public. The negative far outweighs any possible positive outcome in most of those threads.

Everyone has his/her own opinion and naturally each thinks they are right and the other is wrong. There will be disagreements; that's a given. True character is defined more by how those disagreements are dealt with. Unfortunately, forums like this one enable those who would rather make disagreements public domain so as to gain the support of others, rather than handling them like gentlemen in private. Just a sign of the times I guess.

I like the tech savvy that some of the members have, enjoy reading about the boating industry in general, love reading about Bobthebuilder's travels, but the drama threads seem to get the most attention. That's sad. I'm not a big time offshore powerboater, just a guy on a lake who likes to take boat rides and see nice hardware on the water. Boating should be an escape from drama....at least that's how I'd like to be, even in the virtual world.

Last edited by emilsr; 06-13-2010 at 12:22 PM.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:38 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

As I had said in the other thread, i can empathize with both party's. I also know what it is like to be on both ends of the stick here on the forums. mine and my friends integrity was questioned about a certain individual, by another individual that was guilty of poor business practices. I have also done my best to make members aware of people that deceive and are poor business's.

The forum is a tool, plain and simple, if a person wants to profit from the forum, then he must be ready to deal with an adverse situation. when I did a group buy for oil a few years back, I handled every transaction perfectly, still had two guys try to hose me and cancel the credit card transactions, I showed proof of delivery through records and calls, they saw the error and it was done, but I will never offer that again, period.

As for Scott's situation, I will take his side, from my reading he was in the process of making everything right and a breakdown in communication for a certain time as well as an "excited" customer, came to an early halt.

As for the people that say the customer is always right, I wholeheartedly disagree, they are right only when they are right. As much as businesses are held to a certain ethics code, i believe the consumer has a certain code to live by as well. It is VERY hard for an honest business to deal with dishonest clients.
Old 06-13-2010, 12:47 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
had two guys try to hose me
Sounds painful!
Old 06-13-2010, 12:52 PM
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member

Received 1,816 Likes on 904 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
If you read the threads the truth comes out. Which is always good.
Agreed 100%.
Old 06-13-2010, 01:34 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
As I had said in the other thread, i can empathize with both party's. I also know what it is like to be on both ends of the stick here on the forums. mine and my friends integrity was questioned about a certain individual, by another individual that was guilty of poor business practices. I have also done my best to make members aware of people that deceive and are poor business's.

The forum is a tool, plain and simple, if a person wants to profit from the forum, then he must be ready to deal with an adverse situation. when I did a group buy for oil a few years back, I handled every transaction perfectly, still had two guys try to hose me and cancel the credit card transactions, I showed proof of delivery through records and calls, they saw the error and it was done, but I will never offer that again, period.

As for Scott's situation, I will take his side, from my reading he was in the process of making everything right and a breakdown in communication for a certain time as well as an "excited" customer, came to an early halt.

As for the people that say the customer is always right, I wholeheartedly disagree, they are right only when they are right. As much as businesses are held to a certain ethics code, i believe the consumer has a certain code to live by as well. It is VERY hard for an honest business to deal with dishonest clients.

I agree..very well put...+1

and Allan4 is still a Putz.
Old 06-13-2010, 02:01 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PSlonaker
I post on here ocassionally also, but a while back, I contacted Shogren Marine about a boat that I was interested in. I received a reply from Scott...actually several replys...NONE of which that were PUSHY or treating me with the dumb-ass approach. Scott treated me like we had been friends for years and I have never met the man...hopefully that will change someday. I have a friend here that bought a used Sonic from him 2 years ago and my friend had nothing but wonderful things to say about Scott. From my email dealings with Scott and his business...and my friends dealings with them...I dont give a S**T what some PUTZ has to say about them in a negative way...it is NOT going to change my opinion of the Shogren name in any way. The bashing that was in a thread about Shogren...I didnt even bother to read it. That is how UN-INTERESTED in it that I am. From the way that Scott treated me thru the emails...answering endless questions and always being professional about it...it has earned very high respect that has no chance of changing...especially from some crybaby.
I agree with you, Scott is a stand up person, but you know a few people always believe what they read [not me though]
Old 06-13-2010, 02:39 PM
Registered

I gotta say as a rank and file non racer member of the lurker community here on OSO . I look to OSO for the great pics , stories, build projects and information about our sport . I think I speak for alot of members when I say enough is enough its like OSO has turned into a bunch of wash women , keyboard critics , and know it alls . If I wanted drama I would watch the Real house wives of NJ or talk to my wife . It gets to the point that I dont even want to post anything . Give the BS a rest

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.