kook

Default Need some serious help - Luke Chinewalker has boarded my Sunsation

Sunsation Aggressor Instability

Feedback/advice appreciated.

-Mark

Old 04-29-2002, 05:11 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just out of curiosity, does that have a standard 24 degree bottom, or some combination with a pad? That's a lot of power in a light boat!
Old 04-29-2002, 05:17 PM
kook

Originally posted by Mach1Shorty
Just out of curiosity, does that have a standard 24 degree bottom, or some combination with a pad? That's a lot of power in a light boat!

24 degree, Delta pad.

Old 04-29-2002, 07:21 PM
Luke_Chinewalker

the force is not with you obewonkook, you must learn to dance with all those ponies and be at one with the water and the steering wheel, check your horoscope your planets may be out of alignment and scrap that 2"shorty and 4 blade, only then will the rythem of your vessel please the gods.

Old 04-29-2002, 08:44 PM
kook

Originally posted by Luke_Chinewalker
..... scrap that 2"shorty and 4 blade, only then will the rythem of your vessel please the gods.
What's wrong with the 4 blade? I thought 3 blades were pretty much old school?

Old 04-29-2002, 09:34 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Cool

The 4 blade and the shorter drive will give you more transom lift. A 3 blade prop will be faster than a 4 blade if you don't have problems with blow out. The closer you run the bullet to the surface the more transom lift you will get. With a light boat you don't need any transom lift. Try running a 3 blade and not a cleaver style since they also cause transom lift. The MIRAGE works well.
Old 04-29-2002, 11:02 PM
Sunsation 32

I had a 92 Aggressor and with a labbed 25 three blade the boat ran 70 on GPS. I tried a 4 blade and got a lot of transom lift. It really screwed up the handling on the boat. A friend of mine had a 94 with approx. 500hp and nitrous. I dont remember the how fast it was, but I'm pretty sure it was in the 90's. He said the boat was stable. It had a standard bravo drive, and so did mine. I'll ask him how fast he was in that boat and get back to you. I do know that the boat had a slight hook in it and they did fix the hull before the motor went in.

Old 04-30-2002, 11:50 AM
wilerty

Mark: It isn't stated anyplace , I don't think, but we assume you have hydraulic steering ... right???

Weight distribution can make chine walking much worse. If too much weight is on one side or the other it will make it worse. For example riding alone in the boat could make it worse than riding with someone to balance your weight.

At what speed does the chine walking begin?

Old 04-30-2002, 12:23 PM
kook

Yes, it has dual ram tie-in hydraulic steering.

Boat is 25' (really a 24'), 24 degree deadrise, delta pad, non-stepped, 7'3" beam.

Chine walking starts exactly where I was told it would - approx 80 mph. I've been told that you can drive through it, and at 84 mph, things should settle down. Problem is, it just didn't settle down much....... but it's quite possible that this motor has more torque than others who have broken through the "chine barrier" - it hit 80 mph right at its torque peak - 4600 rpms...... 670 ft-lbs.... Not sure if that has anything to do with it or not.

Old 04-30-2002, 12:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

too bad u r not in my area...i love to dial in boats!!!

joey

u do have full hydrulics ALL the way to the helm??..right??

Quick Reply: Need some serious help - Luke Chinewalker has boarded my Sunsation

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.