Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/233082-oil-spill-gulf-mexico.html)

LAriverratt 05-03-2010 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by 88Fount33 (Post 3100949)
I mentioned to the SWMBO about a big upside down funnel the catch the escaping oil and divert it to a barge with separation capabilities! Then, on the news, they mention just that kind of trap supposed to get 85% of the leak and fill tankers in the meantime while they drill the shutoff well. Perhaps they can capture more than 85% with a couple of these. Said to be ready in 6 to 8 days, fingers crossed!

this is what they are building in Fouchon correct???

Steve_H 05-03-2010 01:48 PM

I'd like to know why the Obama administration let this happen and THEN do absolutely nothing to help stop it. Heads should roll over this royal Obama screw up.

AppSysCons 05-03-2010 02:19 PM

Pretty much guarantee the last occupant of the White House, ( a former oil man) would have had his guys involved, from the minute the story broke.

Lets just hope that the engineers and not the politicians, are making the decisions now.

Strip Poker 388 05-03-2010 02:28 PM

Atleast my engines water passages want rust:eek:

What about the Smoking the Sound race?

DollaBill 05-03-2010 02:30 PM

Originally Posted by Steve_H (Post 3101011)
I'd like to know why the Obama administration let this happen and THEN do absolutely nothing to help stop it. Heads should roll over this royal Obama screw up.

huh?

Shorgasm 05-03-2010 02:46 PM

I love the gulf stream talk now.....OH NOES its gonna go up the east coast of the US if this goes on for another 3 months or some ****.

Just stop it.

jmeng 05-03-2010 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Boomer35 (Post 3100984)
i was wondering about the Destin PR in august today myself

Yep. Have a house booked in Destin for the Emerald Coast and a condo booked in Orange beach for late July. Plus our club is planning on runnin from here to Biloxi by boat in June. All that is up in the air right now.

racer-x6 05-03-2010 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388 (Post 3101041)
Atleast my engines water passages want rust:eek:

What about the Smoking the Sound race?

The news said that oil boom was going to be put across from deer island to the beach on both sides. and I would think that manpower would be stretched with all the other areas closed. So I think it will be called off.

racer-x6 05-03-2010 03:00 PM

Just had the first sign of things to come.......Guy just called and said to hold up on putting a pair of new Yamaha's on his fishing boat. We do a lot of repair and re-power on salt water fishing boats. we are located about 30 miles North of the Coast. This is not going to be good.:mad:

Fountain38SC 05-03-2010 03:06 PM

[QUOTE=Steve_H;3101011]I'd like to know why the Obama administration let this happen and THEN do absolutely nothing to help stop it. Heads should roll over this royal Obama screw up.[/QUOTE

Obama hates white people!! I doubt Kanye West would say it this time. :lolhit: