http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse....c/2931/557167/
Old 05-20-2010, 06:29 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by apache727
Those pics are pretty gross....

EPA: BP must use less toxic dispersant

http://www.deepwaterhorizonresponse....c/2931/557167/
Too little too late. What's left of the wetlands that protected the Louisiana coast and New Orleans will be dead soon. Now the oil is headed to the Florida Straits and then up the east coast and over to Europe. This will be a truly global disaster.
Old 05-21-2010, 08:18 AM
Registered

Received 1,325 Likes on 739 Posts
Default More

More http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/...SxVPAD9FR7DN80

Some notable quotes in it:

Not surprisingly everyone blames someone else.

With each passing day, outrage grows. State and local officials say the federal government isn't doing enough. President Barack Obama faults the agency that oversees offshore drilling. Republicans say the Coast Guard and the administration should have done more.

A deep, stagnant ooze sat in the middle of a particularly devastated marsh off the Louisiana coast where Emily Guidry Schatzel of the National Wildlife Federation was examining stained reeds.

"This is just heartbreaking," she said with a sigh. "I can't believe it."

Nice, a river of oil for 5 months!

The BP executive in charge of fighting the spill, Chief Operating Officer Doug Suttles, said he understands the public frustration. He told the CBS "Early Show" on Friday that in the worst case scenario, the gusher could continue until early August, when a new well being drilled to cap the flow permanently could be finished.

So we should believe this guy now, why because he is such an expert in the environment?

But Suttles said he believes the rich Gulf environment will recover, in part because it is a large body of water and has withstood other oil spills.

DUH!

"I think now we're beginning to understand that we cannot trust BP," said U.S. Rep. Edward J. Markey, D-Mass. "BP has lost all credibility ... It's clear that they have been hiding the actual consequences of this spill."

No words.

"Everything in that marsh is dead as we speak," Plaquemines Parish President Billy Nungesser said after touring the clogged marshes. "Had you fallen off that boat yesterday and come up breathing that stuff, you probably wouldn't be here, either."

And now finally they say more is spilling into the gulf then the 5000 barrels a day, because they are pulling up at least that amount and it is very clear that they are only getting a small amount. UNBELIVABLE.

Talk about the age old deny deny deny!
Old 05-21-2010, 08:35 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

That's the type of crap that should begin in earnest After the crisis is dealt with in any way possible. Without question, BP's response, PR campaign, and misstatements have not helped.

The aftermath should be looked at by everyone that's grown up enough to properly deal with whatever controls, suggestions, and joint efforts need to be put into place to deal with future spills of this kind.

At this point, the back and forth is like a screaming person ridiculing a drink driver at the scene of an accident. Crisis control of the immediate problem, then retrospective analysis of what went wrong and how to be better prepared.
Old 05-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

It's Official: BP Has Been Massively Lowballing Its Leak Estimate

BP has been sticking to its 5,000 barrels a day estimate of the Deepwater leak (which was already a revision of its 1,000 barrels a day estimate).

But yesterday, when BP triumphantly claimed to be collecting 5,000 barrels a day with the siphon, savvy readers might have checked the Deepwater live cam or considered that BP had installed a siphon at only one of two leaks.

Clearly it's leaking a hell of a lot more.

BP has admitted their estimate was low but has not provided a new estimate. BP lawyers are well aware that a low estimate of the leak size could save the company millions in court, according to McClatchy.

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/turns...#ixzz0oZU4EOPX
Old 05-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by TampaBeach
I hate to bring this up, but I live on the gulf coast and property here is HURTING, yea I know everywhere is hurting but not like the drop we are going to see if OIL starts in on our only resource WHITE SAND BEACH.

Just imagine all those families that depend on renting their condo's to make their payments here on the gulf coast, and if oil washes up no rent?? No mortgage payment?? Property value is going to DROP like a brick in the water. Get ready FL you going to get DOUBLE dip on realestate.
Great timing here. We bought a home in Cape Coral and a week later the this whole mess starts. I hate to think what a hurricane would do to the Gulf coast. BP made $6B last qtr but the true econmic impact of the mess a hurricane could make with that oil might very well put them out of business if they could be made responsible for all the damages to property values.

A friend had a great idea. Make the BP execs drink a pint of oil a day until the leak was plugged. He thinks it would get plugged a lot faster
Old 05-21-2010, 08:26 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by TampaBeach
I hate to say it but I think I would choke down a pint of oil to make what they do, even every day??? Or at least I know some very hard working people who would.

Your being WAAAY TOO nice,
I think John Hayward should be hanged in Jackson Square in New Orleans but that's just me.
Old 05-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

http://www.wimp.com/solutionoil/
Old 05-22-2010, 02:15 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Give some thought to how to 1) buy enough hay to spread from Louisiana to the Keys and 2) how to transport said hay and 3) how to clean it all up after the well is plugged(IF the well is plugged).

This "solution" is totally unworkable, but not a bad try from a couple of good ole boy rednecks.

Last edited by Catmando; 05-22-2010 at 08:10 PM.
Old 05-22-2010, 02:47 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
Not so much...

http://senseofevents.blogspot.com/20...s-no-plan.html

Ya gotta hand it to 'em for trying though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.