Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico >

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 06-07-2010, 03:01 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Oil Spewing into the black lagoon

I think this will be the worst man made disaster in the history of our planet. This is the beginning of the end of paradise! In the next few months the Gulf of Mexico will become the Black Lagoon. The atlantic Seaboard will be awash in crude by Thanksgiving. The Federal Government is clueless and worried more about thier agenda than our country's way of life.
Old 06-07-2010, 04:44 PM
Registered

Attached Thumbnails Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico-27863_1294516250201_1449151576_30698415_1030870_n.jpg  
Old 06-07-2010, 05:06 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Where are the oil slingers that Kevin Costners company was developing? I was under the impression they had the capacity to capture the entire amount of oil being leaked to the surface.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:32 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default All Talk, No Action!!

The only way to get anything done is to hit BP, TransOcean and whomever else has accountability the only place that will get their undivided attention: their wallets!

I think Obama and his people are just like Bush and his people were during Katrina; deer in the headlights..... I wonder if they realize the power they have........

I say hit them hard, say $25M per day in fines for the first 5 days. If they do not have the well stopped in 5 days, the fine goes to $50M per day for the next 5 days. If it is still pushing oil by day 10, it goes to $100M per day for 5 days, and so on and so on.............

They should also be fined for doing the damage they already have done and not by Obama presenting a symbolic $70M invoice that will never be paid but I mean HUGE money to compensate all of the people who are suffering at no fault of their own.

The problem with that is the way this country works, it'll be many years before anyone who is getting hurt now see's any money. Much to late to save these peoples livelyhoods and ways of life.

And the people responsible for making the bad decisions that resulted in this f*%king mess should be locked up; especially that pri(k CEO from BP.

Flordai will never be the same.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:44 PM
Registered

Received 342 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by iamjoe
The only way to get anything done is to hit BP, TransOcean and whomever else has accountability the only place that will get their undivided attention: their wallets!

I think Obama and his people are just like Bush and his people were during Katrina; deer in the headlights..... I wonder if they realize the power they have........

I say hit them hard, say $25M per day in fines for the first 5 days. If they do not have the well stopped in 5 days, the fine goes to $50M per day for the next 5 days. If it is still pushing oil by day 10, it goes to $100M per day for 5 days, and so on and so on.............

They should also be fined for doing the damage they already have done and not by Obama presenting a symbolic $70M invoice that will never be paid but I mean HUGE money to compensate all of the people who are suffering at no fault of their own.

The problem with that is the way this country works, it'll be many years before anyone who is getting hurt now see's any money. Much to late to save these peoples livelyhoods and ways of life.

And the people responsible for making the bad decisions that resulted in this f*%king mess should be locked up; especially that pri(k CEO from BP.

Flordai will never be the same.
The EPA has the power to impose a $5,000 per barrel fine for every barrel they spill. The current spill rate estimates range from 20,000 to 30,000 barrels a day - do the math and that's $100,000,000.oo a day on the low end or $3 Billion a month. The question is, Does the EPA give volume discounts?

The real money will come in the form of liability and clean up.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:03 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Senator Nelson says the wellbore has been pierced

And the news keeps getting worse and worse.

http://www.floridaoilspilllaw.com/se...ultiple-places
Old 06-07-2010, 08:16 PM
Charter Member #34
Charter Member

Originally Posted by iamjoe
Yes but don't forget the liberals in Washington and the tree huggers.

Lets see now we have thousands of on shore wells capped, we will no longer give permits for shallow offshore drilling because of these fools. So we force them to go in over mile deep water where it is much more difficult and risky. Sure that makes sense!

Before this is over the entire country will not be the same because they will KILL the oil business and we'll have fuel prices higher than Europe.

Yes George I miss you a lot! I bet Chaney is lauging his a$$ off at the fool in the White House.
Old 06-07-2010, 08:31 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

http://bp.concerts.com/gom/reliefwell060210.htm
Old 06-07-2010, 09:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Dock Holiday
Yes but don't forget the liberals in Washington and the tree huggers.

Lets see now we have thousands of on shore wells capped, we will no longer give permits for shallow offshore drilling because of these fools. So we force them to go in over mile deep water where it is much more difficult and risky. Sure that makes sense!

Before this is over the entire country will not be the same because they will KILL the oil business and we'll have fuel prices higher than Europe.

Yes George I miss you a lot! I bet Chaney is lauging his a$$ off at the fool in the White House.
A man after my own heart. EPA is the most criminal organization ever put together.

All we really did was trade one fool for a worse fool.

And that B*tch face Pelosi said this was all because of Bush!! I guess Bush is still in charge and I missed that on CNN.

However, it appears as though the market thinks we have a monkey with a football in office (A monkey who's been trained to read none the less...).
Old 06-07-2010, 10:29 PM
Banned

Lets see now we have thousands of on shore wells capped, we will no longer give permits for shallow offshore drilling because of these fools. Dick Holiday

Well I tried Googling the number of onshore wells that have been capped but found nothing. Maybe you have a link? What I DID find was a lot of talk about shale oil, of which the extraction is probably the most dangerous environmental action next to a leaking nuclear reactor. Ask the Canadians how they like shale oil.

As to offshore drilling, President Obama said he was for it, but that was before the BP disaster. It might still happen, but not right NOW lol.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.