Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico >

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Notices

Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico

Old 06-14-2010, 01:23 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My business has dropped off 60% this season, I think it is much too late this season to make enough money to get through the winter as we used up all cash reserves from the down turn last year. the writing is on the wall for my Marine shop. After ten years and all my savings this is how it comes to an end.................very sad........... Thanks BP and all responsible. By the way I made a claim for some help with no response.
Old 06-14-2010, 01:27 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Don't think I will do any business with any of these companies again.
Attached Images      
Old 06-14-2010, 01:34 PM
Registered

Received 569 Likes on 236 Posts

Many European tourist will not be making their plans for spending their summer here also because of the spill. The weather and economy was already hard on tourism this will be the kick in the nuts after going to the floor.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:35 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

By the way I made a claim for some help with no response. racerx6

Keep filing those claims, don't give up.
Old 06-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by tommymonza
Many European tourist will not be making their plans for spending their summer here also because of the spill. The weather and economy was already hard on tourism this will be the kick in the nuts after going to the floor.
A lot of Euros own condos and townhomes around Haulover Inlet. I think very few will come this year.
Old 06-14-2010, 03:00 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Catmando
By the way I made a claim for some help with no response. racerx6

Keep filing those claims, don't give up.
Not looking for "something for nothing" but a little help to offset the loss would be nice. I have records from the past nine years showing income and lack of now.

Help a Brother out!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Banned

Default Watchdog group to Salazar: Shut down BP's Atlantis or resign

Watchdog To Salazar: Close BP's Atlantis Or Get Out Of The Way

First Posted: 06-14-10 02:50 PM | Updated: 06-14-10 03

By allowing existing offshore drilling operations to continue despite his six-month ban of the practice, President Obama is ignoring numerous red flags at BP's Atlantis, the second largest deepwater rig in the Gulf of Mexico, claims a watchdog group.

In court filings, Food & Water Watch allege that Atlantis is unsafe, moving for a preliminary injunction that would order the government to shut down the rig, which produces 200,000 barrels of oil and 180 million cubic feet of gas a day. Secretary of the Interior Kenneth Salazar's response was underwhelming, stating that production at the Atlantis will continue while regulators investigate the allegations.

"Their inability to close a rig that is operating without any evidence of safety, especially in light of the Deepwater Horizon catastrophe, has led us to conclude that Secretary Salazar is serving oil interests, not the public interest," said Wenonah Hauter, executive director of Food & Water Watch.

After completing its probe in September, the U.S. Minerals Management Service, which oversees offshore drilling, will determine whether to shut down Atlantis, which operates 190 miles south of New Orleans at a depth of 7,050 feet.

"The Department of Interior is currently undertaking an exhaustive investigation, at the request of Congress, to determine whether BP maintains a complete and accurate set of required engineering drawings for the BP Atlantis," said Salazar in papers filed in federal court last week. However, the department won't have any answers until at least three months from now.

Food & Water Watch's response to Salazar? Close Atlantis or get out of the way.

"President Obama should demand his resignation and find someone who will regulate the industry -- starting with the shut-in of Atlantis until it is proven to operate safely," said Hauter in a statement Monday.
Story continues below

Last month, Food & Water Watch filed the case in conjunction with former BP employee Kenneth Abbott who sued Salazar, the Interior Department, MMS and its regional chief Michael Saucier for ignoring his warnings that Atlantis was not fit for operation.

Abbott, a former project control supervisor for BP, said MMS failed to respond when he brought his safety concerns to them in 2009 and again this year. The MMS had said it would look into the situation and report its findings in May, but apparently the investigation has only just begun.

"Given the quantity of records and need for MMS to focus on responding to the Deepwater Horizon accident, the investigation is only approximately 10 percent complete," Salazar said.

BP, for its part, insists that the Atlantis platform is safe and fully compliant with U.S. law.

About 100 miles north of Atlantis, the London-based company is struggling to cap another well that began leaking when BP's Deepwater Horizon caught fire and sank on April 20, causing the largest offshore oil spill in U.S. history.

"In reality, this is a simple examination that requires the agency to review BP's document databases. It should take mere days, not months..." said Hauter. "Furthermore, the response admits that there has been no meaningful investigation in over a year since they were first notified of safety deficiencies. The agency is simply dragging its feet."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_611408.html
Old 06-14-2010, 09:43 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No offence Cat but Obama is really showing his inability to do much of anything with this mess. He just can not do anything of any substance at all. Just a few threats and ZERO fallow through.
Old 06-14-2010, 11:22 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

This is a very sobering look at the problem we face in the GOM.

http://www.theoildrum.com/node/6593
Old 06-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

our english brothers care so much about our coast
Attached Thumbnails Oil spill in the gulf of Mexico-15647419.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.