Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   HELP! Interior Stains that will not come out!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/233129-help-interior-stains-will-not-come-out.html)

Freeryd 06-21-2010 02:27 PM

HELP! Interior Stains that will not come out!!!

Hey guys-
I've got some stains on a white vinyl interior that won't come out! It's on the sundeck and very noticeable.
From what i can tell, the stains are from green leaves and green buds from trees that fell onto it when the cover was pulled back 1 night. The stains and cover got wet, and was covered outside for 2 weeks before i noticed it, not nothing seems to work. Here's what i've tried......

Simple green full strength
Orange Blast full strength
Soft Scrub w/bleach
Windex
Magic Erasers
Rolloff
Mildew and stain remover
Dish Soap

I'm basically out of options, and the boat is being viewed this coming weekend for a possible sale! I believe the stains have actually dyed the vinyl to this nasty greenish/yellow. None of the spots are big (diameter of pencil or so), but there has gotta be 150-200 of these little dots/streaks across the entire sundeck. Please HELP!

Panther 06-21-2010 02:34 PM

Try some WD-40, sometimes that works!

Freeryd 06-21-2010 02:39 PM

going to try WD-40 right now...will reply in 10mins! haha

sean stinson 06-21-2010 02:45 PM

Scrubbing bubbles with a bit of bleach......but be careful and then treat it with some sort of conditioner afterwards

sean stinson 06-21-2010 02:45 PM

brake cleaner also may help but again condition the upholstery immediately afterwards

Ted G 06-21-2010 02:51 PM

If you have them down to a faded green/yellow leave it in the sun for a few days, the UV will likely take them right out.

Freeryd 06-21-2010 02:51 PM

ok, wd-40 did not work at all. Thanks tho!

I'll try brake cleaner, AND scrubbing bubbles in just a bit. Until then, keep the ideas coming guys! I'm at a complete loss!

Freeryd 06-21-2010 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Ted G (Post 3141354)
If you have them down to a faded green/yellow leave it in the sun for a few days, the UV will likely take them right out.

They have not faded a single bit with everything i have tried. They turned that color on their own. Nothing has even lightened them. YIKES!

Ted G 06-21-2010 02:53 PM

One other thing you could do but it will need to be done very sparingly is use On/Off or Bleche White. But both of these are VERY tough on the vinyl and will shorten it's life.

Freeryd 06-21-2010 03:46 PM

ok, i've tried it all now....INCLUDING....full strength Clorox Bleach! Even that didn't take them out, hell, it didn't even lighten them at all!!!!!!!!!! What now???? anyone ever heard of or used vinyl dye? i've heard of classic car guys dying interiors!?