Outerlimits Adding 28- and 36-footers >

Outerlimits Adding 28- and 36-footers

Notices

Outerlimits Adding 28- and 36-footers

Old 02-22-2011, 04:54 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rageman28
OUTERLIMITS are not the only ones, we at RAGE powerboats in conn. have purchaed all the ACTIVATOR molds. We have also added a brand new 28 to the line. The 2nd one is on the floor,1st one is painted and 2 weeks from splash. Web site in 2 weeks.
Don't hijack threads, start your own.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:17 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The Outerlimits 28SV is going to be a sit-down boat
Fast for the power..with OL's proven hull efficiency
People have to learn a 28 foot boat is a 28 foot boat..
Will it have the styling that sets it part from the rest??? YES!
The first 28 was going to be our boat, then my son started talking with Mike one day and it went "uphill" from there!!
There is a backlog at OL today, for people wanting the OL product....what a great position to be in in these economic times...
P.S. there are some shots of the hull(running plug) on their facebook page...
Old 02-22-2011, 05:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
The Outerlimits 28SV is going to be a sit-down boat
Fast for the power..with OL's proven hull efficiency
People have to learn a 28 foot boat is a 28 foot boat..
Will it have the styling that sets it part from the rest??? YES!
The first 28 was going to be our boat, then my son started talking with Mike one day and it went "uphill" from there!!
There is a backlog at OL today, for people wanting the OL product....what a great position to be in in these economic times...
P.S. there are some shots of the hull(running plug) on their facebook page...
I am very much looking forward to seeing OL's value proposition in this class/size of boat.

This is an extremely competitive market. There are some of us with the money to buy whatever we want and choose sub 30 feet boats for many other reasons than the cost of the boat itself.

I'm one of those clients & I'm looking forward to seeing your 28.

Congratulations on your order log- a very enviable position during these challenging times for boat manufacturers.

Uncle Dave
Old 02-22-2011, 05:42 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
I am very much looking forward to seeing OL's value proposition in this class/size of boat.

This is an extremely competitive market. There are some of us with the money to buy whatever we want and choose sub 30 feet boats for many other reasons than the cost of the boat itself.

I'm one of those clients & I'm looking forward to seeing your 28.

Congratulations on your order log- a very enviable position during these challenging times for boat manufacturers.

Uncle Dave
UD, just remember OL is doing this with a single engine...
my son is in college and works part time at OL...
I have been to many factories that build high performance boats..and over many many years...
I have had the luxury to spend a lot of time at the OL plant...
And after doing this "high performance" boat thing for many many years....
I am at the right "spot"..if it wasn't for the 40' we just bought...then the first 28SV would surely be ours....
Old 02-22-2011, 06:12 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by OL40SVX
UD, just remember OL is doing this with a single engine...
my son is in college and works part time at OL...
I have been to many factories that build high performance boats..and over many many years...
I have had the luxury to spend a lot of time at the OL plant...
And after doing this "high performance" boat thing for many many years....
I am at the right "spot"..if it wasn't for the 40' we just bought...then the first 28SV would surely be ours....
The single engine 28 is the market I speak of.

The single engine 28's "high end buyer market" has a range from 125-200K (depending on engine and accoutrements) and perform at the mid to low 80's to a few hulls that touch the low 90's with minimal interiors - with a 525.

The trick is to see how fast, stable, and with what amenities for that price and how a full luxury package hits your speed number.

This is the sweet spot in size and maintenance for many many guys whose boats see double duty in lakes and the ocean on the west coast.

Bigger than a 30 and you'll have a hard time in rivers and smaller lakes, cant launch by yourself with a little wind, and much smaller you lose seaworthiness and feel in danger on a Catalina crossing in the afternoon.

Its a very competitive market in that size.

Uncle Dave
Old 02-22-2011, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Uncle Dave
The single engine 28 is the market I speak of.

The single engine 28's "high end buyer market" has a range from 125-200K (depending on engine and accoutrements) and perform at the mid to low 80's to a few hulls that touch the low 90's with minimal interiors - with a 525.

The trick is to see how fast, stable, and with what amenities for that price and how a full luxury package hits your speed number.

This is the sweet spot in size and maintenance for many many guys whose boats see double duty in lakes and the ocean on the west coast.

Bigger than a 30 and you'll have a hard time in rivers and smaller lakes, cant launch by yourself with a little wind, and much smaller you lose seaworthiness and feel in danger on a Catalina crossing in the afternoon.

Its a very competitive market in that size.

Uncle Dave
I'd love to see what you and OL could come up with together in a 28.....not that there's much to improve on from your Lavey!

I think OL needs to get some of these out West where there's a bigger market for high dollar "smaller" boats. On a small lake/river 28's big, but still capable of hitting the Ocean so it is a practical size for that area.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:40 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676
I'd love to see what you and OL could come up with together in a 28.....not that there's much to improve on from your Lavey!

I think OL needs to get some of these out West where there's a bigger market for high dollar "smaller" boats. On a small lake/river 28's big, but still capable of hitting the Ocean so it is a practical size for that area.
That's the plan!
Old 02-22-2011, 08:22 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rlj676

Thanks for the compliment.

I've done a lots of riding in boats this size.

I had a house in Parker for a decade and live 10 minutes form the ramp at Marina Del Rey. I've spent a lot of time on the river, Lake Havasu and the ocean so Im a really lucky guy to have a very wide scope of experience.

There are only a handfull of builders out there that make a really special product and a very few that can really make something unique.

OL is one of the very few that can make something unique.

Uncle Dave
Old 02-22-2011, 09:36 PM
Banned

I would like to see a 28OL with the new Merc 1100 TT and the IMCO dual drive system.
Old 02-23-2011, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry did nt read the entire thread but have any 28's or 36 been made yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.