Like Tree0Likes

So who's new DCB M35 is this?

Reply
Old 06-29-2010, 12:59 PM
  #21
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 292
Default New 31...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catmando View Post
Ran 150 with Teague975/6s. Probly 180 with 1200s.
There is a 31 in the works getting 1350's and 8's...

That should be enough power to scare anyone just a little bit...
LESSONLEARNED is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:30 PM
  #22
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,348
Default

In rough water any cat without a center pod will spank it. Why they put those in is beyond me, I understand the low speed handling is better...but in a twin engine high-perf. cat, why? Skaters run nice at 40 too
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:35 PM
  #23
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: OC CA
My Boats: 05 F26 TCM800
Posts: 44
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
In rough water any cat without a center pod will spank it. Why they put those in is beyond me, I understand the low speed handling is better...but in a twin engine high-perf. cat, why? Skaters run nice at 40 too
Apples and Oranges. Of course Skater nation will try to say Apples to Apples, but not completely accurate. But Skater nation doesn't care about the truth
rvrrat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:35 PM
  #24
OSO OG
Gold Member
 
DollaBill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Blue Martini Hall of Fame
My Boats: Making hot chicks hotter since 2010
Posts: 7,031
Default

aww cute little lake boat . Nice ride tho
DollaBill is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 07:59 PM
  #25
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 292
Default Dcb-35 Vs Skater-36

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast fun 2 View Post
In rough water any cat without a center pod will spank it. Why they put those in is beyond me, I understand the low speed handling is better...but in a twin engine high-perf. cat, why? Skaters run nice at 40 too
There is nothing this 35 DCB can't do that this 36 Skater can but there is plenty that it can that the skater can't center pod and all...

Nobody has ever tested them against each other but this 35 with 850 mercss and this 36 with 850 mercs would not be to far in either direction on performance numbers in all fields...

I know the price for the DCB is near 65% of the Skater like for like brand new and that having the usable cabin space is a huge advantage when we are comparing pleasure boats...

Nothing pleasurable about not being able to put your sh*t onboard and spend a day on any water - ocean, lake or river...





Personally I think the DCB has way better looks if I were the one comparing the two...

I'm a firm believer of comapring Apples to Apples and having a Center Pod and a Cabin is a good trade in my book any day...

Last edited by LESSONLEARNED; 06-29-2010 at 08:48 PM.
LESSONLEARNED is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:10 PM
  #26
Registered
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,067
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LESSONLEARNED View Post
There is nothing this 35 DCB can't do that this 36 Skater can but there is plenty that it can that the skater can't center pod and all...

Nobody has ever tested them against each other but this 35 with 850 mercss and this 36 with 850 mercs would not be to far in either direction on performance numbers in all fields...

I know the price for the DCB is near 65% of the Skater like for like brand new and that having the usable cabin space is a huge advantage when we are comparing pleasure boats...

Nothing pleasurable about not being able to put your sh*t onboard and spend a day on any water - ocean, lake or river...





Personally I think the DCB has way better looks if I were the one comparint the two...

I'm a firm believer of comapring Apples to Apples and having a Center Pod and a Cabin is a good trade in my book any day...
like dolla said, nice lake boat!
stainless is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:17 PM
  #27
Registered
 
OL40SVX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Bristol, RI
My Boats: Outerlimits
Posts: 7,222
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DollaBill View Post
aww cute little lake boat . Nice ride tho
You said it sir.
OL40SVX is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:43 PM
  #28
Driver-441
Racer
 
TeamSaris's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Lake George
My Boats: 32 Cobra Raceboat, 27 Avanti Raceboat 27 Kryptonite Raceboat
Posts: 11,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fountain40icbm View Post
You said it sir.
+1
TeamSaris is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 08:44 PM
  #29
Registered
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: OC CA
My Boats: 05 F26 TCM800
Posts: 44
Default

Don't you have to be on steroids to own a Skater?
rvrrat is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 09:30 PM
  #30
Banned
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Arlington Tx
Posts: 9,373
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvrrat View Post
Don't you have to be on steroids to own a Skater?
No just be a millionaire. The 30'er costs a half mil...
Catmando is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply



Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:20 PM.


Copyright 2011 OffShoreOnly. All rights reserved.