Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So who's new DCB M35 is this? >

So who's new DCB M35 is this?

Notices

So who's new DCB M35 is this?

Old 06-29-2010, 08:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

call it what you want. They perform well and its not a splash or copy of Skater.
Old 06-29-2010, 09:05 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Catmando
No just be a millionaire. The 30'er costs a half mil...
Why in gods green earth would anyone spend $500K on a Skater? I'd buy a similar performing Warlock and bank the other $450K
Old 06-29-2010, 09:31 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rvrrat
Why in gods green earth would anyone spend $500K on a Skater? I'd buy a similar performing Warlock and bank the other $450K
are you trying to get something going here with people? just a question.
Old 06-29-2010, 10:05 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

DCB bulids a nice boat, I almost bought one & have several hrs in several different models. The fit & finish are impeccable but I don't think the 2 are comparable. In addition to the pod DCB's tend to be heavier when compared to a similar sized Skater especially w/ all the billet this & that.

I believe both boats have a place in the market but it's like comparing a BMW M6 to a Ferrari or Lambo. The DCB is the BMW, definitely a refined hi performance piece but caters to those who are after a more well rounded package w/ creature comforts. The Skater is the Ferrari / Lambo its an all business cockpit where bling, bling isn't welcome. When I think of a Skater I think of functional vs. fancy as opposed to all show no go or shall we say less go!!

In the end to each their own! If PB were to test a F-32 vs 32 Skater or M35 vs. 36 Skater w/ identical power my money says that the Skater might fall short to the DCB in Time to Plane but out perform the DCB in roll on acceleration, overall handling & top speed.

Just one mans $.02!!

I posted it so now you guys can tear it apart!
Old 06-29-2010, 10:15 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Timeless61
are you trying to get something going here with people? just a question.
Not at all. Like I said before, Apples & Oranges. No reason to knock either manufacturer, right?
Old 06-29-2010, 10:41 PM
Registered

Not at all. Like I said before, Apples & Oranges. No reason to knock either manufacturer, right?
yea i was not sure what your motivation was. they are completely different, and when someone says that the dcb will do anything a 36 skater will, they are just mistaken.

i prefer boats that are better in rougher water, true cats, and on a much smaller scale i have a lot of experience. with a dcb 22 or 21 i think it was a 22 with a 300 an eliminator 21 with a 260 and a 21 skater with a 280. the eliminator and dcb did not porpoise, i will give them that. but they were not as fast, and that porpoise issue with the skater was negated once it was at all choppy anyway. and then once it got choppy that is when i saw what a true cat can do, and in a 21 ft boat, the water doesnt have to be that big for it to be considered kind of rough. people are calling this big dcb a lake boat, where these smaller boats, i would call the dcb and eliminator more river boats if that makes sense
Old 06-29-2010, 10:42 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't you have to be on steroids to own a Skater?
No thats a Baja
Old 06-29-2010, 10:43 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Question

Did you go to Desert Storm??
Old 06-29-2010, 10:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Timeless61
yea i was not sure what your motivation was. they are completely different, and when someone says that the dcb will do anything a 36 skater will, they are just mistaken.

i prefer boats that are better in rougher water, true cats, and on a much smaller scale i have a lot of experience. with a dcb 22 or 21 i think it was a 22 with a 300 an eliminator 21 with a 260 and a 21 skater with a 280. the eliminator and dcb did not porpoise, i will give them that. but they were not as fast, and that porpoise issue with the skater was negated once it was at all choppy anyway. and then once it got choppy that is when i saw what a true cat can do, and in a 21 ft boat, the water doesnt have to be that big for it to be considered kind of rough. people are calling this big dcb a lake boat, where these smaller boats, i would call the dcb and eliminator more river boats if that makes sense
Not once have I compared anything to a Skater, but another Skater. Now we're talking apples to apples, yes?

And guess what, its ok to have a preference. I think each boat has its own unique purpose. They each have their own characteristics. Why? because they are built different. So its kind of hard to compare them now isnt it? If that makes sense.

River boats huh? Now thats just plain ignorant. But its a free country, you go ahead and think what you want. I won't hold it against you.

Originally Posted by blume
Did you go to Desert Storm??
Yes thanks.
Old 06-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Registered

Here's a question for you Skater, MTI, and Cig people.

Why do you get so defensive whenever someone posts up some pics of a new DCB?

I mean you guys have to start comparing everything. Performance, looks, price, etc.

I just don't get it. Why would someone with an East Coast, 12' wave smashing "true cat" that'll do 175MPH with twin 525's fully loaded with fuel and 8 passengers, be worried or jealous of a West Coast "lake" (or like the other guy said, "river") boat?

I mean clearly your East Coast "true cats" are far superior to the West Coast training wheel boats. So why all the puffy chests?

When I ride my Harley I waive to all bikers. And they all usually waive back. In my opinion we're on the same team. Rice rocket, or whatever. I'm glad to see them on the street. Just as I'm glad to see people buying boats, and builders building boats.

If you don't have anything good to say. STFU

Last edited by rvrrat; 06-29-2010 at 11:13 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.